Good or Bad strategy on when to visit parks

CableKC

DIS Veteran
When it comes to planning which day to go to which park, is it a good strategy to go to the Park the day after it's "Disney Magic Hours" ( whether it occurs during the morning or after )?

For example, if the Magic Kingdom has it's "Disney Magic Hours" on Monday....plan to go to Magic Kingdom on Tuesday.

I recall a couple of years ago, I recall that there was some DW planning guides when it comes to deciding when to go. Is there any that you recommend that seemed to work best when it comes to helping you plan?

I'm starting to get excited and planning on which park to go on which day.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

When are you going?
I think it depends on when you are going and what that looks like. For us personally we usually line up our park days with EMH, or we park hop. We open and close the parks (but we get a resort break in the middle of the day).

And, are you staying on property? Will you have either park hoppers or an AP?

I generally find this to be true and the only time we rope drop is at a park that has evening EMH - crowds are usually lighter until about 2-3pm.

I'm very firmly in the camp of "It doesn't matter one bit". MK is always the busiest park. Weekends are generally slightly busier than weekdays, at any park. Knowing those two things, do what you feel is best. I personally think it makes no difference if you go to Epcot on a Thursday vs Tuesday. I also think it makes no difference if the park had EMH. We're offsite guests and don't show up until 10am. When I walk in, I couldn't tell you if the park had EMH or not, there's no notable difference.

I look at EMH in the AM to determine how I visit parks. This year, only one worked for us. However, because I'm traveling on Sunday our first park day and not Saturday, I swapped out AK and MK. I usually visit MK first, but being as we won't hit the park gates till nearly noon, I decided against keeping MK first. So we're doing AK first as I don't mind that park being a half day park. We're doing MK on Monday which is AK EMH day. Luckily, because of how I set up our days, Tuesday is an EMH evening at EPCOT and Wed is an EMH evening at MK. Excited about those! Especially the one at MK. It's from 11pm-1am! :woohoo:

Everyone has what works for them. And even though FP+ helps with lines, my family will still rope drop to get in those few rides before our first FP. ::yes::

I'm very firmly in the camp of "It doesn't matter one bit". MK is always the busiest park. Weekends are generally slightly busier than weekdays, at any park. Knowing those two things, do what you feel is best. I personally think it makes no difference if you go to Epcot on a Thursday vs Tuesday. I also think it makes no difference if the park had EMH. We're offsite guests and don't show up until 10am. When I walk in, I couldn't tell you if the park had EMH or not, there's no notable difference.

I am in this camp. I know what the crowd is like in whatever park I am in. What I don't know, won't hurt me. I think there are enough people that visit Disney with no consideration of best day for each park that it counteracts all of those with spreadsheets of every possible scenario.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts