Good Rate at the Portifino!!!

chip37

Earning My Ears
Booked an Entertainment rate at the Portifino Bay with a deluxe pool view at a rate for $180+tax per night for July1st-6th. Is this a pretty good rate and is it worth the money to stay here? Also can anyone out there tell us something about this resort, good orbad. Thanks, Chip.

That sounds like a good rate considering it's a holiday period. We love the peace and quiet of the Portofino. It elegant but not stuffy. There are several restaurants. A great place for pizza is Sal's deli. They also have huge (pricey) sandwhiches and many different deli salads. Mama Della's is fabulous. Beautiful atmosphere, great service and delicious Italian food. Our family of 4 ate there, for about $70 including dessert but only 1 drink. Try the marshmallow milkshakes! We really enjoy the beach pool. It's shallow enough for the kids and has a small but fun slide.

The only thing I really don't like about the PBH is the lack of reasonably priced breakfast options. The Gelatto restaurant sells take out items but they're very expensive (2 coffees and a muffin was almost $9!) They also carry little boxes of cereal, fruit, pastries, juice, etc. The other option if the breakfast buffet at the Trattatoria restaurant. It's $13+- Adult. It's a wonderful meal but not practical for every morning. But the Trattatoria has the BEST coffee on Universal property IMHO! The poolside service for food and drink also leaves alot to be desired.

You can also drink the coffee in the PBH room, but some people say that it tastes bad! Personally, I don't really care as long as it wakes me up.

You can also buy bagels and other breakfast food at the nearest grocery store.

Here's a shortcut to outside breakfast options at PBH:

On the ground floor walk all the way round, through the little Italian village indoors, past the ballrooms, to the corridor that has all the hospitality suites for business meetings. Walk to the end of that corridor and go down the exit stairwell to the very bottom. Go through the door there and you are in the employees' parking lot. Walk straight ahead to Vineland Road and hang a right to the intersection of Vineland and Kirkman.

You can cross Vineland to get to McDonald's or cross Kirkman to get to Ponderosa (?) Steakhouse where they have an all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet for less than $5.

Hi Kelly! How was Tuscany?

How long do you think it would take to walk from the hotel to the Ponderosa? We drove our vehicle there and could see the back of the hotel.

Can you walk from the Royal Pacific to Ponderosa? We walked from the Hotel Royal Plaza (Downtown Disney) to Sizzler's last year. We didn't think that was too far to walk. We are used to walking (live in Brooklyn, NY). How long do you think it would take from RP to Ponderosa?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter