Good shareable take-home treats from the parks?

SensitiveDragon

Earning My Ears
I’d like to bring back some treats from my trip next week to share with some friends/coworkers when I get back. I’m curious what the best take-home snacks/sweets are from the Anaheim parks - no one in the office is a huge candy fan, so I don’t think the Goofy’s candy bags will work well, but they all love chocolate and cake type desserts. I’m hoping for something that will survive the journey back home! I have heard of the hand made toffee which seems like a great idea, I’m just curious if anyone else has other recommendations and where I can find them. Something that brings back the Disneyland magic when you enjoy it. :)
Thanks!

I might be in the minority here since they get relegated to more and more obscure places in the candy store, but I’m a fan of the chocolate covered honeycomb. They are a less homogenized version of Cadbury crunchie bars, but I like the variety in size and texture that brings with it.

I s
My co-workers get mad at me if I don’t bring back at least one Mickey Carmel apple.
They aren’t Disney fans but the thin candy shell, Carmel and apple are a hit.
Just bring a cutting board and knife to cut it.
I should note the apples made the cross country trip from Orlando to SF just fine. And I had a very clumsy TSA agent throw them around a bit.

I'm not that big on sweets, so I can't help too much with what tastes good. However, I did bring home the honeycomb once and those were a hit. I also brought the waffle cone chocolate bars home for friends, and they request more when they hear I'm going back.

This thread has good ideas, too: Class treats...
We've always had great success gifting the English Toffee, especially when we can show the recipients a video (search YouTube) of the toffee being made in the Candy Kitchen at DL! (Our international guests love this -- especially the ones who've never had toffee before!)

Thank you all! These all sound like excellent ideas! If I go with toffee I will be sure to get a video of it being made, and luckily we have a knife in the office if I get a caramel apple.

I brought back bags of the flavored popcorn once for our office staff and they were appreciated, if you need larger individual treats.

DH and I are going sans kids next week and DD17 has requested a Mickey-dipped apple, and DS14 a Tigger Tail. And I always pick up a package of the peanut brittle for my parents.

PHXscuba

Last trip I brought home: Jack Jack’s Num Num, the Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Sandwich, Mickey Sour dough bread and Matterhorn Macaroons.

Last trip I brought home: Jack Jack’s Num Num, the Peanut Butter Graham Cracker Sandwich, Mickey Sour dough bread and Matterhorn Macaroons.
Wow! And those all stayed relatively fresh on the way home/a few days later? I was worried about things that were meant to be eaten right away like those

I always bring back bags of English toffee.... but I never thought of sharing them. 🤔😜
We were there Wednesday and I always bring home a bag of toffee. We had dinner with my parents yesterday and offered them a piece of toffee, which of course my daughter also had to try(never liked it before). They all ended up finishing my bag... :scared: :sad2::laughing:

I should've got two.

I did see someone post in the last few days that they brought tupperware containers to transport their treats, which I thought was brilliant!

We took home some Matterhorn Macaroons and they were delicious even a few days old. We did keep them in the fridge.
I did see someone post in the last few days that they brought tupperware containers to transport their treats, which I thought was brilliant!
That is genius! Thank you for posting this tip.

The banana and chocolate version of these bars is also SO good.
Oooohhh, thanks for letting me know. I have a OC friend that's a big banana peanut butter fan. I'll have to get it for her next time we meet up for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts