Good TS meal for arrival day

sarah g

Earning My Ears
What would be a good TS restaurant to start our trip off with? We will be arriving on Saturday Oct 16th in the early afternoon, so looking for something maybe between 3-4pm. We are staying at Coronado Springs and will probably go to MK in the early evening for a bit. It will be me, DH, DS(6) and DD(4)

Thanks!

If you want to eat inside the parks, the Crystal Palace is a lovely character meal for young children. We really enjoy the spread and selections there. You could also try Ohana at the Poly or Chef Mickey at the Contemporary for alternatives at resorts with easy access to the MK. Would you prefer non-character for the first night? I will need to check for you what time CM and Ohana start serving dinner as they don't do lunch, but by 3.30/4.00 pm most restaurants are onto the dinner menu.

Some of my thoughts may depend on what you call early evening but I would think that the Crystal Palace would be a great kick off for the trip! Another option because it is easier to book at dinner than the nearly impossible breakfast would be CRT if your kids are into that.

We have older kids (DD 21 and DS 15) who still insist on eating at the Crystal Palace. We make it there on every trip. It's it's a nice break from the hub bub and who doesn't love Pooh, Tigger, Piglet and Eeyore? However, it's also great as an early breakfast because by the time you're done you're all the way at the end of Main Street and if you time it right you can be at rope drop and get the biggies done early. (Yes, I'm one of those rope drop people)

DH loves it because if we paying OOP we can book the very last lunch time so that we still pay for the lunch buffet but it's more of a dinner for us. DS who is 15 loves it because it's all you can eat and he has reached that "bottomless pit" age. Mom likes it because it is one of the few places you can find veggies in the MK.

Good luck and have a magical trip!

I was thinking Chef Mickey's since I think we'll do MK that evening to kick things off. A character meal would be nice, but it's not necessary.

My suggestions would be Chef Mickey (if you want characters) or O'hana (if you don't).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter