Goodbye Dragon Challenge...

JaxDad

DIS Veteran
My son and I rode both "dragons" yesterday. I will miss the ride, but hope they will build something at least as awesome to replace it!

I'm excited to see what they put in there. It is such a large area.

Any speculation on when it will "re-open"? we head down next May and my DD and I were watching ride videos and she was bummed when I told her that one was going away.

My guess would be late May or early June 2019. That will be a huge summer in Orlando with the Star Wars land opening as well.

On a related note, I'm really tired of hearing people assume this will be an entirely screen-based attraction when there's been absolutely no indication of that. The amount of whining from Universal fans who hate Harry Potter and don't recognize how beneficial it's been to the parks is ridiculous.

On a related note, I'm really tired of hearing people assume this will be an entirely screen-based attraction when there's been absolutely no indication of that. The amount of whining from Universal fans who hate Harry Potter and don't recognize how beneficial it's been to the parks is ridiculous.
If it's the attraction I've seen online already it will only be part screen. It looks absolutely incredible and loads of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!