Goofy Giveback!

Even breaking it apart now will make it difficult for many people to do the full marathon (~16 weeks).

this is probably true for first time marathoners but many marathoners will probably be doing races in either october/november so it isn't much of a stretch to add a few filler weeks in between. that's what i'm going to do anyway. i signed up for the full today. i'll be running the philly full on 11/23 and will do another long run or two in december to keep up the fitness level before wdw. it was one of the things that roped me in, as i have no desire to do that half course again after Princess this year (well, until I decide to do Goofy/Dopey). i had been planning on doing the marathon in 2016 but why not just extend training another month and do it sooner instead! :)

And now the half is sold out, Goofy is at 98% and the marathon is at 91%.

Interesting that now that Dopey is not an option, Goofy is selling out faster than the marathon!

Interesting that now that Dopey is not an option, Goofy is selling out faster than the marathon!

Dopey hasn't been an option since April so I am not sure what that has to do with it. I think the Goofy Giveback A) Generated some new interest about the races and B) scared some people who were waiting into registering now.

Also, maybe C) People who wanted to do the half are desperate enough to sign up for Goofy just to get in?

From seeing the numbers move, it seems like they altered the % on the Half and Full to reflect the new capacities but didn't adjust Goofy any to reflect what (if any) registrations they were actually holding still there. Each time they sell a Half or Full, the % moves for both that race and for Goofy. So Goofy isn't really selling any faster than it was when they announced the Giveback -- in fact, all of the movement in Goofy's % could be from the Half and Full registrations without a single new Goofy entry.

From seeing the numbers move, it seems like they altered the % on the Half and Full to reflect the new capacities but didn't adjust Goofy any to reflect what (if any) registrations they were actually holding still there. Each time they sell a Half or Full, the % moves for both that race and for Goofy. So Goofy isn't really selling any faster than it was when they announced the Giveback -- in fact, all of the movement in Goofy's % could be from the Half and Full registrations without a single new Goofy entry.

This would make sense... interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter