Goofy in nightgown looking for stateroom?

2B9C189B-59F7-4716-B6C6-C7CB75C13D1E.jpeg FDFEFA22-2BF6-4BC1-9F0A-6386042E8207.jpeg
my mom was watching some youtube video and I guess goofy wandering the halls in the evening looking for his stateroom; dressed in a nightshirt?

Has anyone seen/experienced/ heard about this??
We didn’t see Goofy in his pj’s in the hallway but on our last cruise (Wonder Jan 2018) we were walking to cabanas early morning and he happened to just pop out of nowhere in his night shirt and goofy slippers ;)
I was walking with my ds9 and my friends’ 2 little ones and they just “attacked” Goofy ;)
It was so candid and unexpected- and he also pretended to be sleeping on the lounger.

Last edited:
We ran into Belle walking down the hallway, in her blue dress, within 45 minutes of getting onto the ship on our very first cruise. My daughter was 4 at the time, loved Belle more than anything, and was in awe. She spent a good 5 minutes just talking to my daughter and posing with her and just making her feel so special. It was that moment that sold me on Disney Cruises and is one of my favorite memories of my little girl because it was so unexpected, so personal and just so magical!

wow, these are all great stories! I guess what makes them "magical" is that they are not expected.

I'd say there are other things that make them "magical" too. I feel like the "photo shoot" meet and greets are very formulaic and repetititve. Kids gets a hug, pictures are taken, a few words exchanged and they move on. But the encounters on the cruise ship are often really unique and memorable. For example, once Stitch snuck up behind me while my kids watched him and giggled and he then stole my hat and ran off with it and we all had to chase him to get it back. Another time, goofy came up and took me by the arm and did a "do-si-do" dance. Other here have described characters playing ping pong and mini golf with them.

Moments like this are what “sold” me on DCL vs. RCCL. I just don’t think my kids would have gotten the same thrill from seeing Po or Shrek.

I still struggle with the price difference between the two lines, but as long as my kids are into Disney, I’ll deal.

Last edited:
We saw him around 8:30/8:45 in the atrium on the Dream on our first morning. We've had loads of run ins with other characters too. My son met Max on deck 12/mini golf, stitch rode an elevator with my niece and licked her, Peter Pan was playing hide and seek in the atrium on Pirate night... I could go on. :)

Wife had Captain Hook come up behind her and tap/hook her shoulder. She jumped two feet (we are retired or she would have jumped higher), turned around and had a good laugh. Of our eight DCL cruises, we have happened on critters/characters/princesses nearly every time...love it!! FYI: many of these guys/gals/animals come out of and disappear into a door just a bit forward of Shutters (smaller ships) on the port side. Not sure where they come from on the Dream/Fantasy.

We had many fun Chance encounters on our 7 day southern cruise in january. Goofy played shuffleboard with my daughter, we found him wandering around in his PJs shortly before the shuffleboard meeting, and we bumped into Belle in the hallway.

My daughter is obsessed with Belle and she insisted on going to every Belle meeting possible. Belle knew her by name by the end of the cruise. In this picture, she spent a few minutes just sitting and talking to my daughter in the hallway. It completely made her day.

5BA6BEDB-6247-4034-89CA-7E873251FE27.jpeg 9206B4DE-25C7-4855-9221-8B0D24864A6F.jpeg 0927DBD6-4A1D-4517-8207-B106C9D915E3.jpeg

Wife had Captain Hook come up behind her and tap/hook her shoulder. She jumped two feet (we are retired or she would have jumped higher), turned around and had a good laugh. Of our eight DCL cruises, we have happened on critters/characters/princesses nearly every time...love it!! FYI: many of these guys/gals/animals come out of and disappear into a door just a bit forward of Shutters (smaller ships) on the port side. Not sure where they come from on the Dream/Fantasy.
Speaking of Captain Hook - he once came in and sat beside us while watching a movie in the Buena Vista theatre. It was hilarious. I look over and there he was, with his big hat ;)

I love these stories!
We have seen many character's coming off the elevator randomly and it just makes the cruise a little more special. Just to wave and say hello as two middle aged adults is just as good for me as the little ones who go nuts and get some special attention from them!!!

Friend and I were only ones on the elevator. Doors open and Chip and Dale walk in. At first they were not going to get on as they didnt want to bother us. We told them to hop in. They hit every floor button and rh whomever ride did their gags. Will never forget.

FYI: many of these guys/gals/animals come out of and disappear into a door just a bit forward of Shutters (smaller ships) on the port side. Not sure where they come from on the Dream/Fantasy.

On the Fantasy, we saw several coming and going into private areas on the 4th deck atrium balcony near Vista Cafe.

We've had several of these on our cruises. It's great! The best was definitely when we ended up staying on the ship on Cozumel day because our excursion was cancelled. Captain Hook was planning his take over, and he ran into my son (then almost 5) doing a puzzle in the atrium. He spent about 10 minutes with us trying to get us to help plot the takeover. A whole bunch of other characters then wandered by that afternoon - I think with all the cancelled excursions, they just started sending them out and about to bring joy to people grumpy about changes of plans!

I think running into characters out at unscheduled moments is quite common, and one of the best things about DCL.

We were doing a B2B and were hanging out before everyone else boarded on Deck 4 in the chairs near the future cruise desk. Sailor Goofy came over and plopped down on the sofa next to me and threw his arm around me. He hammed it up a little and then headed off.

On our first cruise (2 years ago), Captain Jack "stole" my cell phone out of the back pocket of my shorts as he walked past me. He then played all innocent when he got caught. This year, we were in Shutters on the Magic when the Thugs from Tangled were headed back through the not so secret character door. My husband has a sizeable beard. One of them called out "hey! Magnificent Beard Man" and saluted my husband. Two days later, as we walked into Rapunzel's Royal Table, we heard "I know you; you're Magnificent Beard Man!"

It really is the random character moments that are the most magical.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!