Goofy's Kitchen twice or Goofy's and Storyteller's?

Erin M

Mouseketeer
I am having a really hard time deciding how to book some character dining. We have a Costco package that includes one premium character meal. I am planning to use that on Saturday morning for breakfast. Our plane takes off at 3pm that day we we can take our time and really enjoy the last bit of magic.

I had thought we'd do Goofy's Kitchen, but then I realized I could also do Goofy's Kitchen for dinner our first night (non park day) with just my DD and I (at the suggestion of a really smart mom here!). So that then makes me question if we should do Storytellers for breakfast instead.

What would you do? Goofy's Kitchen twice? Or Goofy's for dinner, Storytellers for breakfast. DD loves any and all characters. We are staying at DLH. DH looooooves breakfast so my main concern is getting him to the best place for breakfast and I just can't tell which place that is!

I would not do Goofys twice. Why not Minnies for breakfast? You would get different characters at both.
But i do like both Goofys for dinner and Storytellers for breakfast or brunch.

View attachment 355781
I would not do Goofys twice. Why not Minnies for breakfast? You would get different characters at both.
But i do like both Goofys for dinner and Storytellers for breakfast or brunch.

I do love Minnie's but we won't be in the park that Saturday so no access :( We wanted to save that meal as one last bit of magic on our day to travel back home to the real world. The let down is real! This is her on our first day back at school last time we came home from DL. She even had a bag of jumbo marshmallows to celebrate her birthday and she was still the saddest little person in the world.

IMG_2187.JPG

Storytellers is my FAVORITE character breakfast breakfast and would be the perfect finale! Plus, I ador chip and dale and they’re usually at that one. I’m jealous...dh said we can’t afrord to do a character meal this trip :(. I’d be there if I could!

What an adorable grumpy photo! I definitely wouldn’t do Goofy’s twice. Do it on your arrival night and have a fun date with your DD. Your DH won’t be missing out on a culinary experience! I only hear great things about Storytellers so it sounds like the better choice for breakfast plus your DD can see and get pictures with the characters in different costumes. Having a different experience might help to make it special for your last day. If you don’t visit the GCH during your trip it could help distract her by making it extra fun to check out the decorations.

When are you going? If it helps at all we are going in about two weeks. As always I’m taking the kids to Goofy’s for our arrival night tradition. I’m taking them to Storytellers for a late breakfast on our MHP day. We’ve never been before since we don’t want to waste park time and we are on the road early for our departure days so I’m excited to surprise the kids. I think they'll be excited to see the costumes. I can let you know how it was. If you think you want to do it make the reservations now and you can always cancel if you change your mind.

What an adorable grumpy photo! I definitely wouldn’t do Goofy’s twice. Do it on your arrival night and have a fun date with your DD. Your DH won’t be missing out on a culinary experience! I only hear great things about Storytellers so it sounds like the better choice for breakfast plus your DD can see and get pictures with the characters in different costumes. Having a different experience might help to make it special for your last day. If you don’t visit the GCH during your trip it could help distract her by making it extra fun to check out the decorations.

When are you going? If it helps at all we are going in about two weeks. As always I’m taking the kids to Goofy’s for our arrival night tradition. I’m taking them to Storytellers for a late breakfast on our MHP day. We’ve never been before since we don’t want to waste park time and we are on the road early for our departure days so I’m excited to surprise the kids. I think they'll be excited to see the costumes. I can let you know how it was. If you think you want to do it make the reservations now and you can always cancel if you change your mind.

I would love to hear how your experience goes! We won't be there until late November. It was your comment to me a week ago that made me rethink this whole thing and I think it's going to be great!

View attachment 355781

I do love Minnie's but we won't be in the park that Saturday so no access :( We wanted to save that meal as one last bit of magic on our day to travel back home to the real world. The let down is real! This is her on our first day back at school last time we came home from DL. She even had a bag of jumbo marshmallows to celebrate her birthday and she was still the saddest little person in the world.

View attachment 355782

THAT IS THE SADDEST PICTURE IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The bag of marshmallows just makes it ;)

We like Storytellers too so that isn't a bad option at all but I just wanted to throw out there that we have always found the Surfs Up! breakfast at the PPH to be really fun too! Our kids love the beachy/ surf theme and we enjoy the food there since it is a bit different than some of the regular offerings.

Surfs up used to be my fav, but Storytellers overtook it this summer. It is still #2 followed by Goofys and Minnie’s is my least favorite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter