Got a PIN code

yankebabie

DIS Veteran
This is like the 3rd time i’ve Gotten a PIN code but when I enter it to find out what the discount is it says that it’s not me. How come?? Why send me a PIN code if I can’t use it??

Try with a different name of someone in your party. My husband recently received a Pin Code and it took me forever to open it because it was under my maiden name instead of his (now our) last name. The address was also wrong. However I know there is someone on the board who was sent a Pin Code that wasn't for them at all and was for someone else. I have no clue how that is even possible lol :badpc:

I have been getting pin codes also that aren't for me, they are for my son. It took awhile to figure out and I don't know why they come to me as he has been in his own home for over 10 years.

Just a question about PIN codes: is it still possible to call Disney to ask if there is one attached to your name? I seem to remember conflicting answers a year or 2 ago...

I got one today for 30% off a room reservation... THE DAY AFTER I BOOKED A PACKAGE! So I can't even apply it. I don't even know if it would have made a huge difference anyway.

Well played Disney.

I never ever ever get PIN codes - last one I got was probably 8 or 9 years ago. It makes me so sad. Glad others get them but wish I would.

Did you call and ask? Or just call and cancel and rebook to use the pincode.
No. I've read around and seen others report that you can't change the price of just one part of a package.

It's not that big of a deal. It was a fiasco to book in the first place (Not on Disney's end, on my bank's end). I'm over it :rotfl: Just venting...It was just one of those "REALY?!?" moments when I saw the email. I'm sure it wouldn't have made a huge difference anyway.

No. I've read around and seen others report that you can't change the price of just one part of a package.

It's not that big of a deal. It was a fiasco to book in the first place (Not on Disney's end, on my bank's end). I'm over it :rotfl: Just venting...It was just one of those "REALY?!?" moments when I saw the email. I'm sure it wouldn't have made a huge difference anyway.
You certainly should be able to do it...It's worth a shot..Even if it's 5% more...Thats $$$ in your pocket for other goodies:teeth::teacher: Every lil bit helps

You certainly should be able to do it...It's worth a shot..Even if it's 5% more...Thats $$$ in your pocket for other goodies:teeth::teacher: Every lil bit helps
Okay so I did just call. The cast member said this:
First off, the summer package rate that I got is better than my PIN code and it's good that I got that rate because they're almost out of those rooms.
Second, you can't combine the offers anyway (which I kind of figured and I realized that I didn't say in my original post that I booked under the summer deal).

So that's that. I'm happy with the rate I got, but you're right... It didn't hurt to ask.

Okay so I did just call. The cast member said this:
First off, the summer package rate that I got is better than my PIN code and it's good that I got that rate because they're almost out of those rooms.
Second, you can't combine the offers anyway (which I kind of figured and I realized that I didn't say in my original post that I booked under the summer deal).

So that's that. I'm happy with the rate I got, but you're right... It didn't hurt to ask.
No I didn't mean for you to ask about combining them, just checking because you mentioned you received a 30% code, which is higher than any offer out there at the moment....The summer thing is 25% at only some resorts, I believe right? Not sure where you are staying though so that might be even less...:confused3

No I didn't mean for you to ask about combining them, just checking because you mentioned you received a 30% code, which is higher than any offer out there at the moment....The summer thing is 25% at only some resorts, I believe right? Not sure where you are staying though so that might be even less...:confused3
IDK... He looked at my reservation and said my package works out better. I don't know why, I'm too tired to ask and I'm tired of talking to people on the phone LOL. It's done. I'm cool with it.

I’ve received several pin codes throughput the years, always by snail mail. None of the pin codes were during a timeframe when I could go.

IDK... He looked at my reservation and said my package works out better. I don't know why, I'm too tired to ask and I'm tired of talking to people on the phone LOL. It's done. I'm cool with it.

You could just price out the new pin code rate online & see how it compares to what you have already. We got the pin today too, so I just priced some things myself. In the past I also priced out the current AP rate to see how it compared to the PIN rate I have for April. Easy to compare online.

The room she has booked may not be eligible is probably what the cast member is saying since there are not many of those rooms left. A lot of times you can put in your dates and it shows those rooms are not available. I checked every single day for two months last year before our trip for a standard room at WL that said it was not available. Then one day it was with the discount. We switched to that room and the next day those rooms were not available again. Then the next week they were for a few days. Weird how it works on certain rooms. Could be cancellations that opens them up. No idea.

By the way I’ve never gotten a pin code :-(

I got the pin code too and it says it doesn't match the last name. I tried multiple last names. I don't get it. I wasn't going to use it since we are going in November, but I just wanted to see more details.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!