Got a Six Flags membership for the family

We have memberships to Six Flags over Georgia. The place is an absolute dump, I hate going there. But the kids like it, so...

I don't know about my local Six Flags parks being "dumps". Certainly from a visual standpoint, they don't meet a Disney standard, but very few places do. They're kind of what I expected. Generally clean, although some stuff like their dining pavilion could use a new tent. However, the employees seem to be enthusiastic. I've heard of some Six Flags parks where there are stories of the employees acting all beat down and bored all the time.

I haven't been there in close to 30 years. Even back then it was kind of sleazy. Or more sleazy than other 6F parks. Although I did like one coaster in particular; I think it was called the Mind Bender.

I haven't been back to Great Adventure in decades, but used to go 6-10 times per year back in the 80s and early 90s. I always thought it was cool.

Six Flags over Georgia is just dirty, run down, poorly organized (takes an eternity just to get past security and ticketing) and the employees are angry to be there.

I don't know about my local Six Flags parks being "dumps". Certainly from a visual standpoint, they don't meet a Disney standard, but very few places do. They're kind of what I expected. Generally clean, although some stuff like their dining pavilion could use a new tent. However, the employees seem to be enthusiastic. I've heard of some Six Flags parks where there are stories of the employees acting all beat down and bored all the time.
Six Flags over Georgia is a dump. It’s not that it doesn’t meet Disney standards, it is just a dump.

It has a history of getting “new” rides that are tired worn out rides from other parks.

Last edited:
I haven't been back to Great Adventure in decades, but used to go 6-10 times per year back in the 80s and early 90s. I always thought it was cool.

Six Flags over Georgia is just dirty, run down, poorly organized (takes an eternity just to get past security and ticketing) and the employees are angry to be there.

Sounds like Six Flags America outside of Washington, DC.

Just tried using my membership away from home. Picked the wrong day to visit Magic Mountain. Peak crowds today. It took about 40 minutes in line just at the metal detectors. Waited in line about as long for a kiddie ride. Food line was fairly short, but ridiculous near the end of the day.

Also the stores wouldn’t do meal plans for snacks. We’re giving up and leaving rather than waiting longer in line at the restaurants. We’d rather eat outside anyways.

Six Flags Over Georgia isn't great.

But it's also like all other Six Flags...it's cheap. We pay roughly $55 per person for an annual pass and if you pay like an extra $30 then you get the meal plan too.

Is the food terrible? Some of it is downright disgusting. Could the park be a lot nicer? Yeah...

But it's like $55 per person for a year with parking.

You get what you pay for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter