Got engaged last week! Honeymoon in WDW?

Sorcerer

<font color=990000>Disneyana Diva<br><font color=3
Surprise of surprises...my honey proposed to me last Wednesday night! He's never been to WDW (in fact, I had planned his first ever trip for Jan 2002) and almost the first words out of his mouth were..."why don't we honeymoon in WDW?" For those not in the know...this guy is as NOT Disney crazy as I AM Disney crazy (opposites certainly do attract!) so I was quite surprised when he suggested going to WDW :D

So, I guess you'll be seeing me lurk about on this board for the next year or so :) We're not sure of the details yet but are looking at getting married in town on 10/26/02.

Gavin (my fiancee) was only going to WDW with me in January to get me to stop bugging him about it. He can't understand my frequent trips down there ~ LOL. I told him to give me one trip there with him and I would never force him to go again. Suddenly he's talking about how often we'll be going down there. I almost want to say "um, who are you and what did you do with Gavin?" LOL His response was "well, if I'm going to marry a Disney nut I better resign myself to visiting the "homeland" every once in a while". Isn't he sweet? :D

A little about us...I'm a part time TDS CM and a DVC Member (at both HHI and WLV). I also work in marketing full time. He's in sales and a HUGE Buffalo Bills fan. Our running joke is that he has the Bills cult and I have the Disney cult ;)

If we do honeymoon in WDW, we'll be using DVC points and not a honeymoon package. My question is if we will not get the "honeymoon treatment" by doing it that way? It would be more expensive for us to get a package (between using my points and CM benefits a WDW vacation would be way less expensive than going anywhere else!) but I don't want to miss out on any of the "magic" that honeymooners get. Any suggestions?

I think that is a really good date to get married. I will have been married 28 yrs. on that date next year.
tigercat

Hi. I'm getting married on 10/27 this year!!

I don't think you have to worry about not getting special "honeymoon" treatment. Get some bride and groom mouse ears. That will let everyone know. Also, just tell EVERYONE! When you make reservations, let the person know (they could make a note on the ressie maybe), let them know when you check-in, let them know if you make any priority seating reservations, let them know when you show up at restaurants, etc. I certainly wouldn't be pushy about it, but if you can somewhat casually slip it in, do.

Most of all, don't worry. You could be in a honeymoon room and not get any treatment, but stay off sight and get massive treatment. I think it just depends on the CM.

Wow - sounds like that weekend is a great time to get married! Congratulations, Anne - and best of luck next weekend.

Those all sound like great ideas! Gavin even said he would wear the groom's mouse ears (again, who is this guy??!!) LOL I'd pay money to see any kind of mouse ears on this guy's head...and he's volunteering to wear the groom's hat ears? WOW

go ahead and say it when you make your ressies. they're used to hearing it all the time and they'll be just as excited as you are. they will help you figure out a room and mark it on your ressie so the CM knows it when you get there. the great treatment starts the minute you get there. wear the ears! we wore ours the night we went to fantasmic and the CM pulled us out into the street and made thie huge announcement to everybody within hearing distance. a great way to let them know without being too weird is to not know which name your PS or anything you've reserved is under. i honestly couldn't keep up with which name they would have down. sometimes they had my name and sometimes they had his even though i did all of the planning. but it's helpful and there's usually a little extra every place you go.

congratulations!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter