Got to love the reservation system......oh yea. 379 Days

PaHunter

Reasonably Knowledgable Individual.
So we booked a trip for now. Could not get Dec 2nd thru the 7th, but I could book the 2nd thru the 6th.
I was also able to book a single night Dec 6th thru the 7th. All at the premium level. So for now the countdown is on, 379 days. Would be nice to see it decorated for Christmas.

We went to Disney in September of 2016 and it was decorated for fall and was amazing, I can only imagine what it will be like for Xmas. We are thinking of a long weekend in June/ July time frame and staying at the Shades of Green. Going just to get my son's first haircut at Disney World. I was thinking a surprise return and taking the motorhome December next year. I just started a new job so no vacation time right now.

We went to Disney in September of 2016 and it was decorated for fall and was amazing, I can only imagine what it will be like for Xmas. We are thinking of a long weekend in June/ July time frame and staying at the Shades of Green. Going just to get my son's first haircut at Disney World. I was thinking a surprise return and taking the motorhome December next year. I just started a new job so no vacation time right now.

I stayed at Shades of Green on a trip, way back when. It was a nice resort, and a short walk to the Poly to get a monorail.

Chris in 2013 2 were there for the week after Thanksgiving and it was as if Christmas had exploded all over the place the day after Thanksgiving. Best of all crowds were low and touring was easy. You might want to consider doing Candlelight Processional in EPCOT very moving experience. We are doing it again this year

Same thing happened to me. Last night I booked Dec 21-26, 2019 and then a separate booking for Dec 26-27. Hoping to add on another 1-2 weeks. I was only able to get 1 night at a time when I looked for 5 people. Finally got the 6 nights in a row when I changed my search to 8 people. Weird system.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me. Last night I booked Dec 21-26 and then a separate booking for Dec 26-27. Hoping to add on another 1-2 weeks. I was only able to get 1 night at a time when I looked for 5 people. Finally got the 6 nights in a row when I changed my search to 8 people. Weird system.

Best of luck on getting those following 2 weeks, keep stalking the reservation system. You will get it.

Best of luck on getting those following 2 weeks, keep stalking the reservation system. You will get it.

I should add - this is for a stay for Christmas 2019 - over a year away!

I did notice something weird. I first checked 2 nights ago and got nothing to show up for Dec 21-26, 2019 but was able to pull it up as single day reservations. I tried again last night and was able to come up with Dec 21-26 and Dec 26-27. I called and they got the exact same inventory (so didn't seem to be any real advantage to calling). In fact, the CM ended up accidentally booking 2 identical tent reservations for those dates. My call got disconnected before I completed the booking process and I freaked out and booked online (so THREE tent sites available!). About half an hour later, the CM called me back and I eventually asked him to cancel the phone reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter