Got Youth Activities Questions? Ask Me Anything :)

Hi Shay. Thanks again for all the time you put into answering questions. I'm wondering if you know how many kids can typically participate in the sleepover on the long cruises. We are on the WBPC and it looks like there will be more kids than usual so I'm curious what the odds are that my daughter will be able to participate.

if my kid is 2 years 10 months, could he get into oceaneer lab/club? I know range is supposed to be 3-12, but with him being relatively close I wonder if they make exceptions. just curious, not like i'd stamp my feet and demand he be allowed to register like older kids.

Hi Shay. Thanks again for all the time you put into answering questions. I'm wondering if you know how many kids can typically participate in the sleepover on the long cruises. We are on the WBPC and it looks like there will be more kids than usual so I'm curious what the odds are that my daughter will be able to participate.
Hello, yes she will be able to participate. And it is so much fun!!

if my kid is 2 years 10 months, could he get into oceaneer lab/club? I know range is supposed to be 3-12, but with him being relatively close I wonder if they make exceptions. just curious, not like i'd stamp my feet and demand he be allowed to register like older kids.
Sorry, children have to be three. We can’t even register a two year old into our system. Even if they turn 3 on the last day of the cruise, they will still have to go to the Nursery until their birthday

Thanks so much for doing this!

This coming Feb we’ll be on the wonder and it’ll be the first time both of our kids will be in the clubs rather than the nursery. In the past, my husband & I would leave the kids in the nursery to go on a half day snorkeling excursion. My question is, if we do the same but with them in the clubs, if they don’t stop playing to eat lunch, which I’m nearly certain they’ll do, if later on they start complaining they’re hungry do you guys offer snacks in the clubs like they do on the nursery?

thanks!

Thanks so much for doing this!

This coming Feb we’ll be on the wonder and it’ll be the first time both of our kids will be in the clubs rather than the nursery. In the past, my husband & I would leave the kids in the nursery to go on a half day snorkeling excursion. My question is, if we do the same but with them in the clubs, if they don’t stop playing to eat lunch, which I’m nearly certain they’ll do, if later on they start complaining they’re hungry do you guys offer snacks in the clubs like they do on the nursery?

thanks!
Hi! No we don’t offer snacks in the Club/Lab on any day. If the parents are off the ship we do put a note in the system and really really encourage the children to eat. Obviously we can’t force them to eat but we will try our best!

Hi Shay,
Have a family cruise coming up in Sept on the Fantasy. First time with kids (my grandniece and grandnephews 7, 5, 4 yo). What exactly is the band the kids wear? Is it like the MagicBands at MK? Waterproof? Kid-proof (can't just take them off)?

Hi Shay,
Have a family cruise coming up in Sept on the Fantasy. First time with kids (my grandniece and grandnephews 7, 5, 4 yo). What exactly is the band the kids wear? Is it like the MagicBands at MK? Waterproof? Kid-proof (can't just take them off)?

They are waterproof and are very much like a magic band. The little grey circle in the picture Shmoo posted is a lock kind of like a zip tie that goes through the holes in the band and prevents kids from taking it off. The CMs at the kid club entrance can snip it off when your kid leaves the club and add a new lock the next day if, like my kids, they find it bothersome and want it off at bedtime.

My daughter is 4 and my son is 3 — we will be cruising on the Dream.

The 3yo is still in diapers. I was under the impression that he would have to go to the nursery, but others online have said that their diapered 3 year olds were let into the oceaneer club if parents came back to change diapers when needed. He does not use the bathroom at all yet.

From looking at the nursery vs. club, the club would be more appropriate for him for activities. He’s used to playing with and keeping up with big sister.

They are really close and best buddies and it’d be a bummer to split them up, but I totally understand if we have to. We just have the late dinner seating so it would be nice to be able to take advantage of that option too.

Like I said, I assumed we had to split them into the nursery and oceaneer club, but some folks online have mentioned that they were given exceptions if they came back to change diapers.

Let me know your thoughts!
Hi there,
Children who are 3 and potty training are welcome to come into the spaces, however they need to be wearing underwear, and be able to complete the bathroom process independently. You will need to come back and check on them very regularly (30-60mins). It is a USPH issue for them to be wearing diapers or pull-ups. In my experience, if children are wearing diapers, the parents will be asked to pick them up and change them. This is one of the reasons why there is a crossover of ages between the Club/Lab and Nursery.
Of course, medical issues are a different story, and in this situation, diapers may be worn. The parents still need to come back regularly and change the diaper.

Hi there,
Children who are 3 and potty training are welcome to come into the spaces, however they need to be wearing underwear, and be able to complete the bathroom process independently. You will need to come back and check on them very regularly (30-60mins). It is a USPH issue for them to be wearing diapers or pull-ups. In my experience, if children are wearing diapers, the parents will be asked to pick them up and change them. This is one of the reasons why there is a crossover of ages between the Club/Lab and Nursery.
Of course, medical issues are a different story, and in this situation, diapers may be worn. The parents still need to come back regularly and change the diaper.

thank you!

We actually cruised last month on a 3 day. We ended up just doing the open houses. Since the cruise was a shorter one (and our first!) we decided to spend all our time together. The cruise really flew by! Next time we will use the kids club when both kids can go into the Oceaneer Club for sure together.

thank you!

We actually cruised last month on a 3 day. We ended up just doing the open houses. Since the cruise was a shorter one (and our first!) we decided to spend all our time together. The cruise really flew by! Next time we will use the kids club when both kids can go into the Oceaneer Club for sure together.
Oh! Sorry for the late info! I am glad you enjoyed your cruise. We look forward to welcoming your kids into the Club and Lab next time! x

My daughter will turn 4 the week before our cruise. My son will only be 2 1/2. Will she be allowed to go to the nursery with him? I don't mind the charge. I just know he hates being separated.

My daughter will turn 4 the week before our cruise. My son will only be 2 1/2. Will she be allowed to go to the nursery with him? I don't mind the charge. I just know he hates being separated.
I am sorry, your daughter will not be able to go to the nursery with your son since she will be 4. The nursery is for ages 0-3.

Hi another club question: grandnephews and grandneice (7, 5, 4) first time at MK and DCL. What Disney movies should they see in order to relate to the themes in the club?

Hi another club question: grandnephews and grandneice (7, 5, 4) first time at MK and DCL. What Disney movies should they see in order to relate to the themes in the club?
It depends on which ship you are on. There are slight variations! However a good start would be Toy Story, Frozen and any of the Tinker Bell movies. There is also Star Wars and Marvel themes so any of these as well :)

It depends on which ship you are on. There are slight variations! However a good start would be Toy Story, Frozen and any of the Tinker Bell movies. There is also Star Wars and Marvel themes so any of these as well :)
We will be on the Fantasy in September. I pass this info to their mother to start with Toy Story and Frozen (can't wait to see Frozen II).
I didn't know Tinker Bell had movies. Thank you for the information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!