"Gotta get our money's worth out of those APs..." A December split stay PTR

btk2333

BCV DVC owner
Hello everybody! I'm Brian and I'll be making another trip to WDW this December! Traveling with me will be my DW, Kimberly, as well as our friends Ashton and Kyle. Ashton and I are in our last year of dental school and this will be our third trip to WDW with them (first trip was in March 2011 and second trip in December 2011). We are very lucky to have found such good Disney travel buddies! DW and I went to WDW in March and July of this year with my parents and they were kind enough to buy us APs, so we decided to get one more trip out of them before they expire!

We haven't booked flights yet, but we will be staying Dec 15- Dec 21. We'll likely end up flying O'Hare to MCO even though we live in Iowa. The first three nights will be at OKW (unless our wait list comes through for BW/BC) and the last three nights will be at BLT. Our friends are DVC members and we will be staying in studio accommodations at both resorts. We don't rent a car at Disney, we always let Disney do the driving for us!

We recently sat down and planned our vacation and I have always wanted to do a trip report but I tend to lose motivation after getting back from vacation. I figure that by starting now I'll be motivated to update and finish once I return from our trip!

Dec 15 (Arrival Day)
Lunch @ ???
Afternoon at EPCOT
Dinner @ Cape May Cafe 710

We never make lunch ADR's on arrival day because we don't want to get disappointed that we miss somewhere we were looking forward to because of flight/ travel delays. That being said, we will probably end up eating a quick lunch at OKW before heading to the parks or getting something at EPCOT depending on what time we get to the resort. EPCOT is traditionally our arrival day park with Spaceship Earth usually being our first destination. We won't try to hit Soarin' or TT that day since we will have other EPCOT days later in the trip. After SSE, we will propbably hit a couple of the less popular FW attractions before heading to WS. Last year, we only saw about half of the Holidays Around the World performers, so we will try to see the rest of them this trip. DW and I have never eaten at Cape May, despite having stayed at YC and BC; however, Kyle is a big fan and we will head over for dinner on our first night and then have a early night back at the resort to get ready for RD on Day 2!

Dec 16:
RD MK
Lunch @ Kona 145
Afternoon EPCOT
Dinner @ Rose and Crown 830

First RD of the trip will be MK. We are all looking forward to seeing the new FLE and try out the new options! DW has been dying to try Kona after reading/hearing so many good reviews so we will have a late lunch at the Polynesian before heading over to EPCOT for some more World Showcase time. We snagged an 8:30 Rose and Crown ADR and are planning to show up early and wait for an outside table to catch Illuminations. I ate at R&C in July with my parents, but DW has never eaten there. Kyle and Ashton are big fans of the CS fish and chips and are looking forward to the dining room experience!

Dec 17:
RD @ DHS
Lunch @ 50's Primetime 115
Afternoon nap/pool
Dinner @ BOG (Hopefully!!)
Jellyrolls???

Our favorite RD at WDW is at DHS! We always feel like we get so much done in such a small amount of time. Our first time at 50's too, I'm sure it will be an interesting dining experience!! Nothing planned for the afternoon at this time, depending on how we feel/what the temperature is we will probably take a nap or head to the pool before heading over to MK for dinner at BOG (I am checking repeatedly for when reservations are available!). DW and I went to Jellyrolls for the first time this July and we are thinking of heading back there with Ashton and Kyle after we get done at MK for the night. The show was very entertaining last time and we're looking forward to going with friends!

Dec 18: Transfer day
Sleep in
Lunch @ Whispering Canyon 2:15
Dinner @ Counter service @ MK
Micky's Very Merry Christmas Party

After a late night at Jellyrolls, we planned a morning to sleep in and recover and get everything ready to transfer to BLT. We love how easy Disney makes the hotel transfer process and will send our bags with Bell Services over to BLT. Once we get to BLT, we'll explore the resort (I have stayed at CR before, but none of us have stayed at BLT). We have seen that the rooms are pretty small for four of us; however, we basically only sleep in the rooms and we all survived @ Pop last March and none of us smell that bad ;). We are planning a late lunch this day at Whispering Canyon (where none of us have eaten before) so we can just grab a quick counter service dinner at Mk and not waste too much party time eating. None of us have ever done the Christmas party (we skipped it last year...) so we are looking forward to experiencing this!!!

Dec 19
RD DAK
CS Lunch
Dinner @ Boma at 415
Evening: DHS (Osborne Lights)

We'll start the day with a RD at DAK, and then take a relaxing pace through the rest of the day until we're ready for an early dinner at Boma. We ate at Boma during our first vacation together in March 2011 and absolutely loved it. I especially enjoyed the salmon and everybody loved the soups and desserts! Since we haven't had an evening at DHS, we'll head over to DHS to check out the Osborne Lights and maybe sneak in a ride or two

Dec 20
Nothing planned yet!?!?!
Dinner @ Artist's Point 545
Evening @ Top of the World Lounge

We are going to decide on our plans for this morning depending on what we feel like doing that day. We will end up RD'ing somewhere, but haven't decided yet. We anticipate that the crowd level will be increasing quickly by this point, and we will also try to spend some time at BLT before heading to dinner at Artist's Point. DW and I went to AP for our anniversary last December but Ashton and Kyle had a separate date night that night. I went with my parents in March as well, and really enjoy the restaurant and the resort decor. Finally, we will take advantage of the Top of the World Lounge and watch the fireworks from a unique location and enjoy our last night @ BLT!

Dec 21 Departure day
Breakfast @ Chef Mickey's @ 920

Another new dining location for us, we're looking forward to one last Disney experience before flying home to the midwest. Depending on our flight time, we may head over to a park to get some last Disney magic before we have to leave and start planning our next Disney trip!!!

Let me know what you think of our itinerary or if you have any suggestions for the formatting of the report... This is my first time doing this so be gentle!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter