Grad days

Do grad nights significantly make the park busier? Thinking of a May trip and one of those days lines up with a grad night.

Do grad nights significantly make the park busier? Thinking of a May trip and one of those days lines up with a grad night.
* DLR Info/Links - Maps, Hotels, DISer Reviews, Hydroguy's tips, NEWBIE INFO here! -- from the sticky threads at the top of the first page
From that sticky:
HydroGuy Tips Compilation -- so many helpful threads here!
From that thread:
"The Scoop on Grad Nights at DLR in May and June" www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2298400

Since the new format started (3 ticket choices for schools), most schools don't choose the most expensive ticket which allows all day in both parks + the party. So Grad Nites aren't quite the zoo that they used to be. Many schools choose either the DCA only ticket or the party only ticket. Makes things easier for everyone.

I was there last May during a Grad Night. Honestly, I didn't see much of an impact at all. But, maybe I was just lucky?

Can anyone tell me if the parks will close early because of grad nights? I'm planning my DD's graduation trip and we are planning on starting our trip a few days after her actual graduation ceremony and that puts us right smack into these grad night dates. Only one day we are going is NOT a grad night. I want to be able to see the night time shows, etc. and now I'm concerned this won't happen because of these dates.

I went early May 2 years ago for 5 days and had 3 grad nights the busiest day was a Monday (non grad day) of my entire trip.

Can anyone tell me if the parks will close early because of grad nights? I'm planning my DD's graduation trip and we are planning on starting our trip a few days after her actual graduation ceremony and that puts us right smack into these grad night dates. Only one day we are going is NOT a grad night. I want to be able to see the night time shows, etc. and now I'm concerned this won't happen because of these dates.
California Adventure will close early on the grad nights, usually a 9pm close.

California Adventure will close early on the grad nights, usually a 9pm close.
So the nights are only at California Adventure and not at DL? Is a 9pm close enough to have World of Color? Not sure when the park hours come out so I'm trying to piece things together. Thanks!

We were there last year on a grad night in a grand calif room overlooking park. It was awful. The music was soooo loud until 2 am. I called the front desk to see what was going on.

DCA closes early. The Grad Nite opening time is 9 PM, so obviously they'll need to get people out of there at least an hour in advance. I'm not sure exactly how they do that since they usually allow people in the park to stay for a certain period of time since they might be buying stuff. They probably have a prompt message to leave.

I remember way back when I did it. It was simply closing down Disneyland early and we go in at 9 PM. Nothing quite like walking around like a zombie at 6 AM. The other weird thing was that we did it as a complete trip including Knott's Berry Farm in the afternoon and then straight to Disneyland. We got to check into our motel before heading to Knott's. And after about 2 hours of sleep we were off to Magic Mountain followed by sleeping in the bus and arriving in front of our school at 5 AM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter