Graduation Present (romance)

Matty_Disfan

Heading ba-ack...!!
Three years of law school: $30,000.00
Coffee, highlighters and legal pad for exams: $200.00
Lost income from being in school so long: $90,000.00

Getting a trip for 10 days to Disney World with my girlfriend:

Priceless!!!!!

I'm heading off April 25th (two days after final exams end) for ten days. Staying at Fort Wilderness.

I am now looking around for romantic things that a young couple can do at Disney World.

Any suggestions?

How sweet! I am sure that you will get some great suggestions. You may also want to contact Jane at Presentations: Gifts of a Lifetime.

Hey Matty - welcome to the DIS boards! Are you trying to do this trip on a budget or are you adding on to the debt;) . Your answer to that may help people give you suggestions. For inexpensive you can go over to the lake and watch the Electric Water Parade that goes past WL. You could also stay at MK till closing for "the kiss" when the castle changes colors. On the more expensive side: an Illuminations cruise at Epcot, dinner at GF or Poly followed by watching fireworks from the dock or beach. If you're thinking about proposing (no pressure ;) ) you may want to check out the wedding boards here. If you're not, you may still be able to get some good ideas about romantic things to do. Good luck on your exams and have a great trip!

I will say that I am looking at more frugal ideas for romance. As I get older and my career goes further I would like to bump my way up the resort chain (camping this trip, hope to be at GF by the time I have teens).

I am not looking to propose yet, probably in the next year. At any rate here's what I have:

Watch water pageant and fireworks from FW beach (also thinking about WL beach...which is better?)

Hayride

Late night ice cream from beaches and cream

The 'kiss' goodnight at MK

I really haven't got any other ideas.....

How about you guys?????

hey Matty

I hope you have a great time.
Late night swimming is fun. My bf and I head to the pool around 11:00 pm. There are very few children there at that time.

I would definitely go to Pleasure Island. I don't know what tickets you have but if you don't have plus options or Ultimate hopper it is an extra admission, but we always have a great time. There are so many types of clubs to choose from you a sure to find a few to your liking. Also, there is New Year's eve every night at PI. Being a girlfriend myself, although not yours..lol, I think that midnight kiss is very romantic.

I also enjoyed Bongo's restaraunt. I would say prices are in the mid-range but the atmosphere is fantastic. Grab an outside table overlooking the water. That is very romantic.

The boardwalk in the evening is great also.

I just wanted to give you some ideas of what we enjoy while we are there. Hope it helps

Good luck on your exams and after all that work, I'm sure anything you do at wdw will be great.:smooth:

You remind me of us!! DH and I are finally able to afford (time and $$) the deluxe resort after years of postgraduate schooling (read: we were broke for a long time!!).

I can also highly recommend Gifts of a Lifetime for when the wallet will allow - I used them last year for a surprise for my hubby right after I accepted my first "real" job, and they were fabulous. The price seems steep until you see the elaborate events they plan - well worth it.

In the meantime - some of our low-cost romantic ideas include:
1) Looking for hidden Mickeys - a nice way to spend an early evening at the WL - there is a little "swamp trail" (not really swampy, more sandy) that follows the lake over to WL from FW, so you could enjoy a walk over in semi-private conditions. There is also a paved trail, if the mosquitoes are out when you visit.

2) Sharing a Bass Ale on the benches overlooking the lake in Epcot's World Showcase in mid-afternoon - very private, especially mid-week.

3) Look for some other couples (on this site, perhaps) to split an Illuminations Cruise with you - if you can get a few others in on the cost, it would be doable - these are VERY romantic!!

4) Buy WDW for Couples guidebook - this book includes many, many ideas on how to infuse romance into your WDW vacation - my husband and I LOVE that book.

Congrats to you!!! Have a great time.

Matty, my bf and I are heading down to the World on April 30 (we're also a young couple, I'm 23, he's 29). We'll be there for a softball tournament at the WWofS, so only through May 4, but if you decide to do an Illuminations Cruise or something like that, and you want to defray costs, let me know. It's something we'd be interested in as well, if we can get the price down a bit :)

I was trying to think of some other ideas for you also...We usually like taking a walk along the Boardwalk at night and then spending the later part of the evening at Jellyrolls. We also play golf, so that takes up a good portion of the daylight hours...
We're not especially romantic, lol, but if I think of anything, I'll post more :)

Thanks guys.

those are all great ideas!;)

NHDisneyKid: I am seriously thinking of an illuminations cruise, I hear they are great. I am gonna look at my budget, get some prices and then get back to you and we'll see if we can get a cruise.

Feel free to PM me if you decide to go ahead and book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter