Graduation trip

scrapgal123

Mouseketeer
DS and his friends want to plan a trip to the World. Some of them are 17 and some of them are 18 yrs old. Anyone know what is the minimum age to reserve a room? Also, anyone have any experience in using Greyhound buses to get to the hotels?

TIA

The greyhound station is not super close to the parks. They would need to use the local bus service(Lynx) or take a cab and I wouldn't really recommend the bus system unless they only have one bag each.

DS and his friends want to plan a trip to the World. Some of them are 17 and some of them are 18 yrs old. Anyone know what is the minimum age to reserve a room? Also, anyone have any experience in using Greyhound buses to get to the hotels?

TIA

I booked a trip when I was 18 without having any issues. Never used Greyhound, but Disney offers a free-of-charge Magical Express bus service from Orlando International to ON PROPERTY Disney resorts. I've used that several times before and didn't have an issue.

I did stay at a friend's place last trip and went to the Contemporary to call Mears, the taxi service. It wasn't too bad, and the drivers were very good, but those prices rack up over a certain distance.

They'd probably have better luck just driving down on their own rather than taking a Greyhound bus. Like a PP said, they'd have to take a cab to their resort from the bus station, or maybe use Uber (Lynx buses aren't usually recommended...it can take hours to get from one place to another.)

Maybe they can find a cheap flight and use Magical Express??

The 18 year olds should be able to book a room.

Good luck to them pixiedust:pixiedust:

I and a friend are doing this after we Graduate in 2017. We already have an arrival date of June 4, 2017 set. One of our parents will book the reservation at the Resort we choose way in advance because both of us will only be 17 at the time, but when we scheduled the trip my friend will have just turned 18 the month before in May, but I will still only be 17. I think the age though to book a Resort is 18.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!