• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Adventures in Cooking?

jasmine206

Mouseketeer
Has anyone had any recent experience with this activity? It looks like a lot of fun - and something different - for my DDs (ages 4 and 6). We'll be back in Oct and just wondering if anyone can help me decide if this is something I should try to book for them - thanks in advance!:D

My dd was 5 when she did it in June. From what I could tell when we met her at the end to sample what they made, she had a great time. It's one of those things that you just drop your child off, you get a beeper and then you leave. They tell you what time to meet them and the location. When the children come to meet you, they make a big entrance, with a tray of food and offer samples to all that walk by. Our dd had a big smile on her face and I think that that is the part that she enjoyed most. We took her picture with Chef Drew and ate hot apple pies. I think that it was worth the money, the memories that she created were well worth it.

Thanks Carone - it sounds like my DDs would have a good time. Anyone else have any experiences to share? Thanks!:D

My 7 yr old DD and 4 yr old DS absolutely had a ball at this event. They got to make hats and aprons first. Then they listened to a story and got to make the food that went along with the story. In our case, it was Strawberry Shortcake. Now, my kids are picky eaters and wouldn't actually eat any, but they had a great time making it.

When they are done with the food, they have a chef's parade and go through the lobby handing out the food to unsuspecting guests. It is just so fun to watch. Of course, Mom and Dad get served too.

The Adventures staff at GF do a great job and all the kids looked like they were having a great time. The wait and housekeeping staff were also very excited because they like to sample the treats too!

I think your kids would have a great time and it is nice for Mom and Dad to have some quiet time too. I highly recommend this event for kids!

My DD 5 went last Sept and loved it. We have signed up again for this Sept as she was adamant that she wanted to do it again....hope they don't make the same thing! It was so cute seeing her wheeling the big cart out to the lobby and serving the staff and anyone else in the area.

Jo-Anne - great......one more thing for them to fight over - who gets to push the cart!! (LOL) ;) Thanks for your feedback!

My daughter did the cooking adventure when she was 10 and very tall for her age. I was a little concerned about the age span (3-10), but all the kids were having a fabulous time when it came time to pick them up.

I only wish that there were similar programs for the 11-14 year olds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter