Grand CA entry limitations

Buttercup

Mouseketeer
Hi,
During our last trip in Nov 2017, to enter the Grand CA you needed to show your room card or ADR. Entry to Grand CA was limited to guest staying there, and guests with ADRs. Is that still the case? We would like to go to Napa Rose Lounge but we will be staying at the Disneyland Hotel in November.
Thanks.

Only GCH guests and restaurant reservation holders can enter the front doors of the GCH from the street, all others must use the entrance from DTD or DCA to get into the GCH...even if going to WWS or NR Lounge

Anyone can enter the GCH from DTD any time. That access point is open to all both ways at all times unrestricted.

To enter DCA from GCH before 11am you need to show room key (most of the time), after 11am they do not enforce it. Anyone can exit DCA into GCH at any time.

I don't understand this from a security checkpoint view. Do they have a security check when you exit the GC into Downtown Disney? (I have no idea, since we used that entrance at like midnight after a Halloween Party last week (to walk through to our hotel on Katella) and I didn't see any sign of security.

m
I don't understand this from a security checkpoint view. Do they have a security check when you exit the GC into Downtown Disney? (I have no idea, since we used that entrance at like midnight after a Halloween Party last week (to walk through to our hotel on Katella) and I didn't see any sign of security.

Yes...There are security checkpoints heading into DTD from the GCH but free access from DTD into GCH. Anyone can go into the GCH from DTD or DCA and exit out the front doors at any time...but when they made the change enveloping DTD within the security bubble only GCH guests can enter through the GCH front doors so those checkpoints don't get overrun with non GCH guests possibly backing up lines for the actual guests of the hotel since there are only two checkpoint stations in the breezeway.

After hours they close down the screening at the checkpoints but you can still come and go.

Yes there is two security tables and metal detectors in the breeze way by Sephoria.

Thanks, that makes sense! :) I guess I just didn't notice it when we walked through DTD earlier in the day!

When we stayed there last year, the entrance into DCA had long lines at opening. We went over to the Downtown Disney security, no one there. Then into the front gate of DCA.

We were able to enter thru the front door in May by saying we wanted to shop in the gift shop (which was true) without any problem. We were staying at the DLH.

I was there week before last. Our shuttle van driver had to give our names at the guard shack GC before he could enter. When we walked one day into the main entrance. we had to use our room key to open a pedestrian gate to get in. There is a security guard there telling you to do this since the gate is literally next to the driveway and you could walk right in.
No restrictions getting into GC from DTD or from DCA. Not sure what has prompted the restrictions.
As for getting into DCA from GC, the two days we went into DCA from the GC at opening, there were never more than 5 people ahead of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter