Grand Californian - 11 month window

DonaldDuck21

Mouseketeer
I am looking into buying a resale contract for Grand Californian but was wondering if it was difficult getting a studio at the 11 month window? I typically don't like to book so far in advance but I know there are so few rooms there that I am thinking I will always have to book at 11months.

For big events, yes they'll book fast. For example, the Tinkerbell Run in May, that weekend is already full for studios. Other size rooms are available though.

I bought VGC resale because it is so difficult to get a studio at 7 months. If you want to stay there and stay in a studio definitely buy VGC resale.

Agree that the only times that might be difficult are during events. Races, CP and D23 for the most part. Otherwise there's often availability all the way to the 7 month mark.

I had trouble getting a Grand Villa on the morning of my 11 month mark in June. I eventually got it, so maybe someone was walking. But there are only 2.

Usually there is availability for a studio at the 7 month 1 day mark almost 99% of the time. For a big D-23 events, like they mentioned above, you would want to book at the 11 month mark, but you would also have been planning that too. But you are correct that after the 7 month mark the availability is becoming almost impossible. The last 2 years we've added one more day to our trip and have wait listed that day at roughly the 5 month mark (off season too) and neither one came through. So the waitlist at the 7 month mark must be pretty long.

I got studio for Dec. at 11 months with no problem. Have gone at that time 3-4 times now.
BFF could not get a studio in Jan at 7 months.

If you want to stay there, I would buy.
We have one resale contract and one new buy

Only time I've had trouble at the 11 month window is for DS's birthday which is Veteran's Day weekend and also happened to be a marathon weekend the last two years. Both years wait lists came through (though last year I got my whole 3 night weekend and my ex only got 1 night out of the 3 on his separate contract, but he waited until 8 months to list for a studio where I had the 1 bedroom listed at 11 months. YMMV. This year wait list came through for a studio for me for 3 nights.)

Next year I'll be trying for my friend's 40th birthday smack in between Xmas and New Year's for the first time, so I'll be poised at the 11 month mark. Here's hoping.

Editing to add: Holiday birthdays are rough. Every other time of the year is awesome at 11 months. :thumbsup2

I own VGC, and have never had any issues booking a studio at the 11 month mark. I've booked a studio during D23 weekend (which is one of the busy ones...) and had no problems.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter