Grand Californian Suites

Momof2

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever stayed in any of the suites at the GC? We have a concierge level room reserved for our August trip, but we got such a good price on the San Diego portion of our trip that we're wondering if we should consider splurging even more. With 2 teens, we could sure use the extra room. Thanks for any info. :)

I'm anxious, too. I saw some pictures of a Junior Suite with 2 queens/sleeper, and am wondering the prices. Thanks! :)

I Loved our suite, larger then regular rooms, a larger balcony, the bath and dressing rooms are separete, and a 4or 5 ft vanity plent of room for two people to get ready togather, big time saver.
Not to mention the DVD player, I was told later they have a loan service for DVDs, not sure of the validity of this.
the park veiw rooms also give you the fastest and most conveniant route to the parks, restaraunts and pool, out your door straight to the elevater out the elevater through the doors and its a matter of a few feet to whatever, 3-4 minutes tops.
Have a great trip!

Fanocindys,

Can you tell us more - what was the bedding set-up? Was this a junior suite? Was it concierge level? And, if you don't mind telling, what was the cost? Thanks so much.

I beleive it was a junior suite, Two Qn beds in the Bd rm and. a fold out in the living Rm, really large rooms.the beds are much more comfortable with great pillows, They cost is hard to say per night I booked a package through DC, everything was included down to our meals, it was a little over $2000 for 4 adults and two
children for 3 nts and 4 days. and yes it was concierge, my understanding is that all suites are concierge.
Don't forget to request a fridg in the room, Very handy to grab a couple extra drinks for the night.
Oh and don't forget to make a big deal if its a specail accasion sometimes they may suprise you.
Hope this helps.

Wow, that actually sounds like a pretty good price! :) I'll have to keep that Junior Suite as an option when I go to make reservations! :) Thanks!

I thought I should tell you this was a off season, it was in Nov.
We only go in May and Oct or Nov, better rates.
and I love the Holidays at DL.

I just called the GC to check rates & availability of suites for our dates - 1st week in Aug. The rate was $550 for a 1 bedroom suite, 750 for 2 bedroom - and I assume that was without any discount. Unfortunately, the only 1 bed suite available during our stay only has a king and a pullout - we really need 2 beds & a pullout (we've got a teen boy and a teen girl). The cost of the 2 bedroom is just too high. These are room only rates, no meals or passes included - but all suites are concierge level. I'll prob try calling back a few times before we go just in case there's a cancellation. Thanks again for your help, Fanocindys.

Humm, $550/night will probably be a little over our budget (we'll be at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego right after Disneyland, and we need a Junior Suite there).

Momof2, what type of bedding are you getting in your room at the GC? I'm in the same "problem" as you, we need atleast 3 beds.

:)

Also, Momof2, if you don't mind me asking, what is your nightly room rate for the Concierge Room at the Grand Californian? Do you have standard or theme park view?

Thanks! ;)

California Dreaming - We have requested a room with 2 queens and a daybed. We had no choice on the view - only standard was available for our dates. The rate we got was $405. (Theme park view would have been $423). After taxes, our 3 night total is $1397.25. It really is tougher trying to find the rooms you need when you must have that 3rd bed. Good Luck!

Thanks Momof2. I didn't realize their concierge level was that expensive, we might be better off getting the Junior Suite then.

Curious, did you happen to check rates at the Disneyland Hotel? I know they have rooms with two queens and a daybed also.

Thanks! ;)

We did check rates at DL hotel and I think a concierge level room was about $50 cheaper. We really wanted to stay at GC, so I was happy that the rate difference between the 2 hotels wasn't even bigger! We are doing the San Diego part of our trip first, and we got a great hotel rate there. The Disneyland part of our trip is where we'll splurge. (But there's just no way I can do $750 for a 2 bedroom suite!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!