Grand Californian Super Thread

Does anyone know if the high speed internet at the GC is free and if they have wifi or just hardwired?

Does anyone know if the high speed internet at the GC is free and if they have wifi or just hardwired?

They have both. I am not sure it was b or G but fast enough to upload photo's rather quickly.

Jack

Question for those that have stayed here- I usually stay off site and rent a car, but am thinking of staying here for my next trip and not renting one (we aren't foing any other So Cal things this time).

The entrance to/from DCA I understand fully- it's the other entrance/exits I'm confused about. So the main entrance/lobby area is the only one you can enter after DCA is closed? And if you are coming from DL what is the best way to get to GC? Walk? Monorail to DTD and then walk?

I'm having a hard time picturing this in my head. :lmao:

Question for those that have stayed here- I usually stay off site and rent a car, but am thinking of staying here for my next trip and not renting one (we aren't foing any other So Cal things this time).

The entrance to/from DCA I understand fully- it's the other entrance/exits I'm confused about. So the main entrance/lobby area is the only one you can enter after DCA is closed? And if you are coming from DL what is the best way to get to GC? Walk? Monorail to DTD and then walk?

I'm having a hard time picturing this in my head. :lmao:

The best way to get from DL to GCH is to walk. Just go into DTD and the DTD hotel entrance will be on your left--it takes about 3 minutes. You go into the entrance, and follow a wide corridor that takes you to the lobby.

Taking the MR is a hassle--you have to go clear to the back of TL, and then queue up for it, and then ride it, and then disembark, and then walk to the hotel--its about the same distance from the DTD MR station to GCH as from DL to GCH.

Does anyone have any pics of a theme park view on the east side of the hotel? I've seen many pics from rooms that have views of the pools or gardens and from the south side facing the park but not the east side (rooms X327-X416 or X333-X355). Would like to see how the Grizzly River looks from these rooms as well as the paths for people watching.

Thanks

When the park first opened the Grizzly view was great! Now, however, trees have grown and the view is not as clear. I now prefer the DTD view..except for the Villas..we shall see how that goes.
To the OP, I think you are not understanding how close the hotel is to both parks. the max is about 5 minutes. We have stayed in that 'far away' area that has the exit by La Brea and also didn't think it was that big of a deal to get to the lobby. Maybe it's a mis statement to say the GC is BY DTD it is IN DTD.

We have a ressie with a 2 queen and daybed. She said no rooms at all have microwaves. But here I am seeing microwaves. Does anyone have experience with this?

When the park first opened the Grizzly view was great! Now, however, trees have grown and the view is not as clear. I now prefer the DTD view..except for the Villas..we shall see how that goes.
To the OP, I think you are not understanding how close the hotel is to both parks. the max is about 5 minutes. We have stayed in that 'far away' area that has the exit by La Brea and also didn't think it was that big of a deal to get to the lobby. Maybe it's a mis statement to say the GC is BY DTD it is IN DTD.

I understand how close it is, I've seen it in person. I'm just curious to see how the view is from those rooms. You said that trees have somewhat gotten in the way of the view, does anyone have a pic showing this?

Thanks

I see you're from Alamogordo, I'm right over the Organs, in Cruces. Good to see a fellow New Mexican on here:goodvibes

We have a ressie with a 2 queen and daybed. She said no rooms at all have microwaves. But here I am seeing microwaves. Does anyone have experience with this?

I haven't heard of any standard rooms in GC having microwaves. Perhaps in suites or Villas?:confused3 IIRC other hotels might have one in their standard rooms.

Thanks for clarification Duck,

Do you/anyone know how load the monorail is when it comes through?

Thanks for clarification Duck,

Do you/anyone know how load the monorail is when it comes through?

When you are in the room with the patio door closed you can't hear it at all. Not to mention they stop running it shortly after the park closes so you shouldn't have any problems sleeping! I had a room that was nearly on top of the track (3114, standard view), and even with the door open it is not very loud.

I understand how close it is, I've seen it in person. I'm just curious to see how the view is from those rooms. You said that trees have somewhat gotten in the way of the view, does anyone have a pic showing this?

Thanks

I see you're from Alamogordo, I'm right over the Organs, in Cruces. Good to see a fellow New Mexican on here:goodvibes

Hi there! I thought I was the only one..I'll have to look through my pictures and then there's the hassle of getting it on Photobucket or something..is there an easier way to post pictures here?
I think we were on the 4th flor the last time..it was a bad view IMO. I do say everyone should try it and judge for themselves. I remember that 2001 trip ...Holy cow..we were right in front of the bear, the view was perfect, we watched the park open in the morning and the rapids fill with water. So cool. I'll look and see what I can come up with.

When you are in the room with the patio door closed you can't hear it at all. Not to mention they stop running it shortly after the park closes so you shouldn't have any problems sleeping! I had a room that was nearly on top of the track (3114, standard view), and even with the door open it is not very loud.

Thanks again, I was worried about there being a lot of noise or the room vibrating or something of the sort when it came through. I'm glad its that quiet :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!