Grand Californian Super Thread

We arrive tomorrow. Any idea what time all the chairs are filled up by?
We found that getting there in the early afternoon (maybe 12:30 - 1:00pm?) meant we could find 2-4 chairs together, with umbrellas. We sat in chairs around the Mariposa pool 4/5 days of our trip.

I've been reading through this thread and am getting so excited for our first stay at the GCH!

We have a standard room reserved for DD in early November and I'm trying to decide what room requests to make, if any. I would really like to have a balcony and bathtub, but any bedding type is OK and I don't think location will make that big a difference for us. I know most of the tubs were removed in the refurb, but I love being able to soak after a long day on my feet and it helps my kids wind down and get to sleep as well. Does anyone know if the rooms with tubs are of any particular type, or are they just scattered? We don't expect a view since we have booked a standard view, but would rather not get stuck looking at HVAC equipment from the balcony just because we wanted the bathtub, if that makes sense. :)

...I would really like to have a balcony and bathtub, but any bedding type is OK and I don't think location will make that big a difference for us. I know most of the tubs were removed in the refurb, but I love being able to soak after a long day on my feet and it helps my kids wind down and get to sleep as well. Does anyone know if the rooms with tubs are of any particular type, or are they just scattered? We don't expect a view since we have booked a standard view, but would rather not get stuck looking at HVAC equipment from the balcony just because we wanted the bathtub, if that makes sense. :)
Based on several posts, there are 300 rooms with tubs (out of ~1000).
Only a few rooms (6?) do not have balconies.
Make having a tub your first request, and you should a good chance of getting one :thumbsup2

You will not have a view of HVAC equipment, since all the HVAC is well hidden.

Hi. I’m here now and have a question about the AC in the room. Is it motion activated? It seemed to go off at night and only come back on when we got up. Is that right? Will a balloon in the room do the trick or is there something else we shoul do?

Hi. I’m here now and have a question about the AC in the room. Is it motion activated?
A couple ways to bypass the thermostat (depending on type):
  1. Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. "BP" will display on the screen.
  2. Hold the temp down button and the system power button simultaneously. "BP" will display on the screen.
Please report back if either method works.
I have needed to try these tricks a few times, but usually the AC just stays on

I'm booked for 2 standard, hopefully connecting, rooms Oct. 29 - Nov 3.

Do standard rooms have a mini fridge? No microwave I assume?

The Dapper day rate says standard room. We will be a party of 5 with 3 adults and 2 kids. What is the likelihood we will get double queen? This is what we are hoping for as we have a twin mattress we can bring.

The Dapper day rate says standard room. We will be a party of 5 with 3 adults and 2 kids. What is the likelihood we will get double queen? This is what we are hoping for as we have a twin mattress we can bring.

Unless you specifically ask for a King, you should get 2 queens with 5 occupants. I think they have a couch which pulls into a single or twin with the remodel.

Unless you specifically ask for a King, you should get 2 queens with 5 occupants. I think they have a couch which pulls into a single or twin with the remodel.
Usually that is what happens, even with the KING requests.
Jack

A couple ways to bypass the thermostat (depending on type):
  1. Press and hold the F/C button on the left side of the thermostat. "BP" will display on the screen.
  2. Hold the temp down button and the system power button simultaneously. "BP" will display on the screen.
Please report back if either method works.
I have needed to try these tricks a few times, but usually the AC just stays on
We need to do this each trip. Option 2 is what works for us. It works for 24 hours, then you have to do it again.

With the dapper day rate for a party of 4 I assume we will get a 2 queen room. Will there be enough room for a ECV scooter or do I need request some sort of special room?

There are rooms throughout GCH with ice machines and soda vending (perhaps a with a few snacks), but I don't recall microwaves :scratchin
I had never noticed it before, but last trip we stayed there, we were on I think the 5th floor and by the room near room 105 on that floor, and there was a microwave. So I checked I think the 3rd floor and there was one there too.

With the dapper day rate for a party of 4 I assume we will get a 2 queen room. Will there be enough room for a ECV scooter or do I need request some sort of special room?
You can fit it in the room, but it would make it tight. What I do is park it in the hallway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter