Grand Californian Super Thread Updated 11/7/13

Discussion in 'Disneyland (California)' started by DmaxHawk, Feb 14, 2010.

1. Nickarooney

Nickarooney Mouseketeer

I've always called the regular cm number a week or two beforehand and had them add my requests to my reservation but I got busy and forgot this last time and just asked when I checked in. I'm sure others can chime in if they have found if faxing is as good or better for securing your preferences.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2018
    sky13 likes this.
  2. sky13

sky13 DIS Veteran

Thanks - I'm guessing the regular CM number is just the hotel reservations number? Will try doing that then!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Nickarooney

Nickarooney Mouseketeer

Yes! :)

sky13 likes this.
  5. dhorner233

dhorner233 Disneyophile

So.... what is the phone number I call? I booked through the group bookings number for Dapper Day rates. I requested 2 connecting rooms. I want to call the front desk of the hotel a few days - a week before my arrival to make sure the CM's assigning the rooms got my request, right? So, what is the phone number for that?

6. Nickarooney

Nickarooney Mouseketeer

714-956-MICKEY is the reservations number I've always used. I've never called the front desk directly. 714-635-2000 is what I found on Touring Plans.

Untitled.png

COASTIEandMATE and dhorner233 like this.
  7. DisneyPiPhi

DisneyPiPhi DIS Veteran

Hi, all! We have a standard room at GCH reserved for our January vacation. We'd very much like to stay in a room with a king bed and a daybed. We have just one DD, who is six, and would love the daybed. I have called the GCH to place this request.

Two question:
    1. Does anyone know how many standard rooms with a king + daybed exist, and would changing to a different category improve our chances of having this bed arrangement?
    2. Is there something else I should do to solidify this request? It is our only request!

8. Nonsuch

Nonsuch DIS Veteran

9. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

You have to call the group rate number, the standard reservation line will not be able to see or make changes to your reservation since you are doing a group rate.

10. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

11. SillyLilly

SillyLilly Earning My Ears

I just wanted to give an update on Hearthstone Lounge offerings while Whitewater Snacks is closed. We just checked in last night. If I had not been doing my research here, I would have had no idea the quick serivce option was closed. Never notifed prior to arrival and was not mentioned at check in. I had read here there would be options in Hearthstone for breakfast. Just wanted to warn selection is severely limited. Had choice of a few muffins, premade fruit plates, some whole fruits, and yogurt parfaits. I just wanted to let people know what is being offered and unless you want breakfast buffet every morning, you would need to look elsewhere. They did have complementary coffee available.

GenGen22, dhorner233 and fely1st like this.
  12. sgrap

sgrap DIS Veteran

Thank you! Do you have to purchase something to get complementary coffee?

13. SillyLilly

SillyLilly Earning My Ears

Sign said complimentary coffee for hotel guests. Was only out during the morning

sgrap likes this.
  14. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

Is the porte cochere still closed?

15. Aby

Aby Obsessive and Compulsive

This is highly disappointing. Storyteller's isn't open early enough to have a pre-park breakfast every day, and I would like something more substantial than muffins and fruit. I really didn't want to have to eat at Starbucks every morning but that looks like my only option for something more substantial.

Aby

dhorner233 likes this.
  16. wowsmom

wowsmom DIS Veteran

As of last night, yes.

17. franandaj

franandaj I'm so happy, I could BOUNCE!

I was told it could be another month, but no one knows for sure.

18. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

Another month? I was hoping it would be open for our Dapper Day arrival. Where will we enter, then? I'm sure there were posts about this earlier but I have not kept up.

19. bethwc101

bethwc101 DIS Veteran

You can still enter from there, there are just construction walls up along the walls.

grannyminnie likes this.
  20. grannyminnie

grannyminnie DIS Veteran

Ok, thank you.

21. clr

clr Earning My Ears

Hi All - does anyone know if non hotel guests are still able to enter the GCH through the DtD security check point? We have hotel reservations in December, but our friends are staying elsewhere. Are they able to meet us in the hearthstone Lounge for drinks? Or only if they have reservations at one of the restaurants? I have read conflicting information online, and thought maybe if someone had recently stayed would have some incite on the topic. Thanks!