Grand Californian Super Thread

I'm fairly sure this is possible but just wanted to double check - can I check-in incredibly early on check-in day (like 6am), and then head straight for EMH (which will be 7-8am) that day?

(Staying off-site at Fairfield Inn before GCH, so my current plan is to walk over to the GCH at about 6am, check in, head for EMH and a bit of time in the parks until about 9-10am-ish, then go back to Fairfield Inn and grab bags, Uber over to GCH and leave bags with bell services, then head back into the parks... I guess I could also just Uber over to the GCH with bags at about 6am too though, but worried that packing up everything so early might take too much time and make me late for EMH!)
Absolutely!

I HIGHLY advise you pack it up the night before and Uber over with your bags at 6am. There won’t be anyone there at 6am so it’s ideal for dealing with bell services & the front desk. (And losing 9am-10am in the parks? Serious bummer, you could still be doing a lot at that point in the parks!)

Absolutely!

I HIGHLY advise you pack it up the night before and Uber over with your bags at 6am. There won’t be anyone there at 6am so it’s ideal for dealing with bell services & the front desk. (And losing 9am-10am in the parks? Serious bummer, you could still be doing a lot at that point in the parks!)

Thanks! I think I can try to aim for that - it's just that I know myself and I always take longer than I anticipate to leave a hotel room (worries about leaving stuff behind and all that), and 6am is just so early! But true that the front desk and bell services will have no queues or anything at that time of the day...

Really looking forward to EMH and all!

Thanks! I think I can try to aim for that - it's just that I know myself and I always take longer than I anticipate to leave a hotel room (worries about leaving stuff behind and all that), and 6am is just so early! But true that the front desk and bell services will have no queues or anything at that time of the day...

Really looking forward to EMH and all!
Imho you’ll be fine :) 5 min drive. 10 min bell & check-in. 10 min walk to the gates. Lots of wiggle time between 6am-7am!

The front entrance is still under construction. I haven’t been near the pool yet. Just arrived Friday, 11/2

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing about the pool area. I don’t mind some construction, it’s the loud noise I’m hoping to avoid!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing about the pool area. I don’t mind some construction, it’s the loud noise I’m hoping to avoid!
We actually have a front facing room (unfortunately) but we can’t see or hear any construction. Maybe they don’t work on it on weekends? There wasn’t any issues checking in on a Friday at 5:30. No line for cars

The pool area (near whitewater snacks ) is obstructed.
We haven’t really been in our room all day (from 9 to 5:30).

They still had the gingerbread pumpkin last night... along with the Halloween cookie snacks. But we’re taking it down this morning.

Is the pool open during the construction?

Yep! Walked through yesterday and people were in there swimming! It takes up a chunk of that side of the seating and loungers that would be towards Whitewater (sorry didn't get any pics)

I'm starting to stalk the weather for my trip after Thanksgiving, and was wondering if it's still swimming weather then? I'm guessing that the GCH pools are heated so hopefully they're usable all year round?

(It's not that important to me to be able to swim on holiday - but when I'm staying at a resort with nice pools it's nice to be able to use them if I feel like it!)

Small porte cochere update. I didn't take pics because it was dark and my phone stinks at night photos. BUT they have 2 "lanes" that go through the construction walls now, so you can pull up and enter through the regular doors. They also have benches in between the lanes, so you can sit while you wait for your car to be brought from valet. Also, the regular Valet Stand is open again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!