Grand Californian Super Thread

A couple questions-

When is the best time to arrive for check in? Best for us with young kids is avoiding a long check in line if at all possible. The soonest we could get there is 9 or 10 am but could take our time and arrive a little later. We are arriving Saturday after Thanksgiving 11/24, which the crowd predictor websites say will be packed for the parks.

We have reserved a room with a courtyard view. With young kids we still do baths. Are there courtyard view rooms with a bathtub? Is it worth requesting one with a tub?

A couple questions-

When is the best time to arrive for check in? Best for us with young kids is avoiding a long check in line if at all possible. The soonest we could get there is 9 or 10 am but could take our time and arrive a little later. We are arriving Saturday after Thanksgiving 11/24, which the crowd predictor websites say will be packed for the parks.

We have reserved a room with a courtyard view. With young kids we still do baths. Are there courtyard view rooms with a bathtub? Is it worth requesting one with a tub?
I've found that the earlier the check-in the better the lines. I would try to go as early as possible.

Back in April I had a room that had a bathtub still, so they definitely exist. I think the room number was 2112 but I can't be 100% positive. I would go ahead and request it and see what they can do for you.

...We have reserved a room with a courtyard view. With young kids we still do baths. Are there courtyard view rooms with a bathtub? Is it worth requesting one with a tub?
Check-in as early as possible, for shorter lines and better chances with requests.
Certainly request a bathtub -- although it's not known how many there are, or where they are located (I would guess they in all view types).

Just a couple of questions

- I’m staying in a standard room at GCH the 1st week of Dec.
Since White Water Snacks may still be closed, does anyway know if there are any microwaves available for guests to use (to warm up leftovers, baby milk)? Someone had mentioned they’re available on every floor near the ice machines and wondering if that was still true.

- Are the refrigerators in the room cold enough for storing milk? Is there a way to control the temp?

- What type of TV in the room? Are there DVD players? Are there audio/video jacks?

- Do the newly remodeled rooms have grab bars in the showers for disabled people?

Thanks for any help.

so I inquired with a cast member this morning and they said I could have amazon fresh deliver there but only non perishable foods. Anyone one have other experiences? I just want some fruit and milk along with snacks....

so I inquired with a cast member this morning and they said I could have amazon fresh deliver there but only non perishable foods. Anyone one have other experiences? I just want some fruit and milk along with snacks....
No personal experience, but there are large (commercial type) refrigerator and freezer in the luggage storage room.

- I’m staying in a standard room at GCH the 1st week of Dec.
Since White Water Snacks may still be closed, does anyway know if there are any microwaves available for guests to use (to warm up leftovers, baby milk)? Someone had mentioned they’re available on every floor near the ice machines and wondering if that was still true.
There are microwaves in the vending room near the main lobby (GREEN).
There were no microwaves in the other locations (RED)
Note: I checked several, but not all floors
gch_micro.jpg

- Are the refrigerators in the room cold enough for storing milk? Is there a way to control the temp?
The refrigerator seems cold enough to store milk (I did not check for a temp control)
- What type of TV in the room? Are there DVD players? Are there audio/video jacks?
Rooms have Samsung LCD TVs. Wall mount allows TV to be pulled away from the wall to access inputs.
There are no DVD players (might be available on request).
I have used Amazon Fire TV to stream (Roku and Apple TV have issues).
- Do the newly remodeled rooms have grab bars in the showers for disabled people?
No grab bars.
You might want to call and book a Handicap Accessible room. There are several different HA configurations, so you can book what you need -- these are guaranteed.

We had a vons delivery last Saturday and they stored all perishable items in frig for us.

There are microwaves in the vending room near the main lobby (GREEN).
There were no microwaves in the other locations (RED)
Note: I checked several, but not all floors
View attachment 365926

The refrigerator seems cold enough to store milk (I did not check for a temp control)

Rooms have Samsung LCD TVs. Wall mount allows TV to be pulled away from the wall to access inputs.
There are no DVD players (might be available on request).
I have used Amazon Fire TV to stream (Roku and Apple TV have issues).

No grab bars.
You might want to call and book a Handicap Accessible room. There are several different HA configurations, so you can book what you need -- these are guaranteed.

Thank you so much for replying and the helpful map!

I had order thru Vons delivery the past 3 years. I notice when I log in to Vons it now goes to Pavillions.

Is it the same?

If you're a member of Amazon Prime, you can also order fruit, milk, etc. through them.

If you're a member of Amazon Prime, you can also order fruit, milk, etc. through them.
Thanks! I had planned on that til they said they wouldn’t take non perishables but from other responses I’m going to just chance it. Not like I’ll be ordering much!

Happy Thanksgiving!

We will be arriving at GCH Monday December 3, leaving Sunday morning on the 9th. I have a few questions for you GCH experts!

1) We have a garden view booked. Do we want to ask for something near the Napa Rose elevators? What floor? Is the Napa Rose area good because it is centrally located between the lobby and California Adventure?
2) We have 5 in our party. Will we automatically get 2 queens and a day bed? We don't want the bunk beds!
3) Any guess as to when White Water Snacks will reopen?

Thanks so much!

Some answers:
1) We have a garden view booked. Do we want to ask for something near the Napa Rose elevators? What floor? Is the Napa Rose area good because it is centrally located between the lobby and California Adventure?
Are you sure you have "garden view"? I think that view type was eliminated.
The elevators adjacent to Napa Rose are near the DCA entrance, which is convenient. I like to request high floors, but those tend to be Club Level near the Napa Rose elevators.
2) We have 5 in our party. Will we automatically get 2 queens and a day bed? We don't want the bunk beds!
5 adults on your reservation, should automatically cause a daybed to be assigned (based on some posts). You might want to call GCH and make a specific request, and certainly verify when you check in. Unfortunately bed assignments are not guaranteed (an ongoing issue with DLR onsite hotels), but you will not get a bunk bed -- they no longer exist after the remodel.

Some answers:

Are you sure you have "garden view"? I think that view type was eliminated.
The elevators adjacent to Napa Rose are near the DCA entrance, which is convenient. I like to request high floors, but those tend to be Club Level near the Napa Rose elevators.

5 adults on your reservation, should automatically cause a daybed to be assigned (based on some posts). You might want to call GCH and make a specific request, and certainly verify when you check in. Unfortunately bed assignments are not guaranteed (an ongoing issue with DLR onsite hotels), but you will not get a bunk bed -- they no longer exist after the remodel.

Thank you, Nonsuch!

And you are right about "garden view." I am used to staying at the Poly, and I think that's what we call it there. We have "Wood-Courtyard" view at the GCH.

When I call to make the room requests I will ask them about White Water Snacks.

I want to give a HUGE "Thank you!!" to Mario at the GCH. He totally saved us when our reservation, that I made in JULY, was cancelled without our knowledge. There was a panic-stricken hour about 10 days ago where I swear I nearly passed out upon hearing our reservation had disappeared. Mario somehow magically found a room after saying there just were...no...rooms. My guess is he took a room from the convention that wasn't being used, but had been blocked out. He saved the trip! So, caution to those using your Disney Chase Visa to pay the deposit. They may not have ACTUALLY paid your deposit?! You need to check up on it the next day. Ugh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts