Grand Californian Super Thread

For the rooms in yellow, do you access them via the great hall and then walk down to them? I am just trying to figure out how you access the DTD view rooms?...
The ORANGE line is roughly the ground floor path from DTD to the elevators, then inside hallways to rooms.
I never thought about this. Is there a stairwell in the "yellow" wing, that gives quick access to security in the morning? Next to x166, for example? Drops you into courtyard?
Marked with RED ?, there are likely stairs in these locations to the courtyard.
These would be a shortcut to security (but unconfirmed)
I sure miss the old exit in green wing.
Marked with a RED X. I also miss the "secret" exit.
(now alarmed, since it exits inside DTD)

WHAT?!? That is serious trouble for our midday break!

I wish I could find the article that said it. It was back while they were still working on the DLH and Tangaroa Terrace. It said they were adding it there and the new GCH pool bar. And it was added to the TT menu..... I probably misread it.

Last edited:
The area was still closed off as of yesterday. Contractors were still working and in & out the area. They were talking about how to mount the gate posts to the footing yesterday. Doesn’t look like it’ll be open anytime soon.
[/QUOTE

Hopefully by my next staycation in July!

Does anyone know when the GCH will open up dates for 2020? I want to try to plan a trip during the California Adventure Food & Wine Festival (although those dates haven't been announced yet.)

We’re staying at GCH in August, standard room booked. We’ve stayed before in a woods view room and I’m wondering if any of the standard rooms face the courtyard with the monorail? Ideally we would like to be near the Napa Rose elevator as we were before and liked that location. Any tips on what area to request to avoid a long walk to DCA or DD?

Does anyone know when the GCH will open up dates for 2020? I want to try to plan a trip during the California Adventure Food & Wine Festival (although those dates haven't been announced yet.)

I've already got my Villa reservations for the first weekend in March in Hope's of making the F&W Festival. Not sure about the regular hotel rooms.

I've already got my Villa reservations for the first weekend in March in Hope's of making the F&W Festival. Not sure about the regular hotel rooms.
Well I bet your wish comes true because if you look at the points chart the required number of points jumps considerably as of Feb 23rd. If the timing of F&W is the same as last year it would start on Friday 2/28.

Well I bet your wish comes true because if you look at the points chart the required number of points jumps considerably as of Feb 23rd. If the timing of F&W is the same as last year it would start on Friday 2/28.

Well dangit! Then I've failed. :laughing: I wanted to be there the first weekend of F&W!

We’re staying at GCH in August, standard room booked. We’ve stayed before in a woods view room and I’m wondering if any of the standard rooms face the courtyard with the monorail? Ideally we would like to be near the Napa Rose elevator as we were before and liked that location. Any tips on what area to request to avoid a long walk to DCA or DD?

I don’t know if any of the standard rooms face the Courtyard so I can’t help you with that one. There are some standard rooms by the Napa Rose elevators so I’d request that area if that’s where you ideally want to be. You may get lucky and be put in a woods view room. We’ve stayed in this area a few times by booking Standard or Woods View. On our last trip even though I had requested a room near the Napa Rose Elevator they weren’t able to put us there (I booked standard). They assigned us to the very last room down a very long hallway. No thank you. Instead, they then offered us a room above the front entrance to the hotel. Although I was initially disappointed I found I actually liked this location and would have no problem staying there again. The Napa Rose elevator area is still my top choice tho. Also, I highly recommend calling the hotel front desk directly with your request. Once when booking and again a week before your trip. The one time I didn’t get my request is when I didn’t follow up with the front desk directly. Hope this helps.

I don’t know if any of the standard rooms face the Courtyard so I can’t help you with that one. There are some standard rooms by the Napa Rose elevators so I’d request that area if that’s where you ideally want to be. You may get lucky and be put in a woods view room. We’ve stayed in this area a few times by booking Standard or Woods View. On our last trip even though I had requested a room near the Napa Rose Elevator they weren’t able to put us there (I booked standard). They assigned us to the very last room down a very long hallway. No thank you. Instead, they then offered us a room above the front entrance to the hotel. Although I was initially disappointed I found I actually liked this location and would have no problem staying there again. The Napa Rose elevator area is still my top choice tho. Also, I highly recommend calling the hotel front desk directly with your request. Once when booking and again a week before your trip. The one time I didn’t get my request is when I didn’t follow up with the front desk directly. Hope this helps.
First trip to DL/GC coming up. What is desirable about a room near the Napa Tose elevators? Thanks.

Thanks so much! It’s also our wedding anniversary so maybe I should mention that and hope for some pixie dust.

First trip to DL/GC coming up. What is desirable about a room near the Napa Tose elevators? Thanks.

For me, it’s because it’s near the entrance to DCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!