Grand Californian Super Thread

We currently have reservations at the Marriott Courtyard, but after looking at all of the pictures and videos, I'm learning more toward splurging and staying here instead. I tried to figure out all of the room advice, and just want to make sure I'm getting this right before I make a request on the reservation. I like the idea of the Napa elevator area, people have mentioned that it's the 300 wing? Are these all woods/courtyard view, or can I pick standard and hope for a room in this area? Are there high floors in this location to request? Thank you for breaking it down for me!

We are in the 400 number rooms on a lower floor. The elevators are super close and we have a woods/courtyard view that actually looks into DCA.

Anyone know what all bed configuration they have for the Woods -Courtyard rooms? Do any of them do bunkbeds?

No more bunk beds at GCH but there are Courtyard view rooms with two queen and day bed configurations. There are only 300 day bed room resort wide out of 700 some rooms total.

I like the idea of the Napa elevator area, people have mentioned that it's the 300 wing? Are these all woods/courtyard view, or can I pick standard and hope for a room in this area?

"Standard" room category are the rooms facing the front of the hotel overlooking the driveway. They do however sell a lot more standard rooms then they actually have in inventory which is why a Courtyard upgrade is common for many. You could put in a standard room request of "near Napa Rose elevator" and hope for the best but there is no guarantee. You have much higher chance of accommodation if you book a Courtyard view room.

bumping thread. If anyone that has stayed at the Grand recently, would you please post current pictures of the hotel, restaurants, pools, etc? Same with the other onsite properties. It could help some planning trips deciding where to stay. Thank you.

bumping thread. If anyone that has stayed at the Grand recently, would you please post current pictures of the hotel, restaurants, pools, etc? Same with the other onsite properties. It could help some planning trips deciding where to stay. Thank you.
No pics but I stayed at the grand in December 2018 and PPH last May for the SWGE opening. PPH is in much need of some tlc. I really liked the refurbished rooms at the grand. Plugs and lights galore. My room was a shower only room with a king bed and a daybed, which was fine for me.

Here is the view from (I think) room 5242 (it is above Goofy's Sky School) in late February. It is far from the lobby but we loved having the park right there. We only stayed there 2 nights then moved to a standard view to save money (view was from the entrance side of the hotel) I think we were in 4225.

Attachments

• 20200223_155936.jpg
    20200223_155936.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 56

Booked GCH for our trip in November. It’ll be our first time staying here! It’s been in the bucket list and for a variety of reasons we decided to go for it. We just got the standard room since even that was a splurge! Hoping they’ll be open by then....

Booked GCH for our trip in November. It’ll be our first time staying here! It’s been in the bucket list and for a variety of reasons we decided to go for it. We just got the standard room since even that was a splurge! Hoping they’ll be open by then....

Have fun and prepare to be hooked. Depending on when you go in November it's very possible to get a pixie dust upgrade; From standard to woods/courtyard, for example. When you hit the 7-day mark call GCH directly, go to operator, and enter a friendly room request. If able (with your travel plans), check-in as early as possible. Share your honest excitement about your first stay and tell them you are happy to "wait" for a great room or an upgrade if available. They will check you in, give you keys, and text you when the room is ready. Nothing is guaranteed, just improve your chances. Enjoy!

Have fun and prepare to be hooked. Depending on when you go in November it's very possible to get a pixie dust upgrade; From standard to woods/courtyard, for example. When you hit the 7-day mark call GCH directly, go to operator, and enter a friendly room request. If able (with your travel plans), check-in as early as possible. Share your honest excitement about your first stay and tell them you are happy to "wait" for a great room or an upgrade if available. They will check you in, give you keys, and text you when the room is ready. Nothing is guaranteed, just improve your chances. Enjoy!
OMG this. And never want to stay anywhere else again. We stayed there last October and we're spoiled. We just had a standard view and it didn't matter. We didn't spend much time there. The access was amazing. We were there during Halloween and Oogie Boogie. Never spent more than five minutes in a bag check, and that was on a long line day. Typically it was under two minutes.

We are staying at the Grand Californian for the first time ever March 15-19. We booked the Woods-Courtyard room for two adults and 1 child but requested a room with two queens (two adults preferring not to share bed) and a day bed for my 8 year old.

My understanding is that the rooms with the day beds are given preference for parties of 5. Anyone know what all bed configuration they have for the Woods -Courtyard rooms? Do any of them do bunkbeds? Are little guy has special needs and often a hard time traveling. It helps to prep him with pictures of our room so he knows what to expect, but it seems like we may not know the exact set up until check in?

If you have rebooked or are rebooking for the future... if you search and book a room for 5 people then you will get a room with three beds (two queens and a daybed). It usually is not a difference in cost and you can just use any two names for the extra keys.

Last time we went to DLR, we stayed at Paradise Pier and absolutely loved it. However, this time my in laws have graciously said that we can use their points for the next trip, which we are hoping is next Thanksgiving. Has anyone ever stayed in the Studio Villas at Grand Californian? Are they a good size for a family of four (kiddos will be 10 and 5 then)? Thanks in advance!

We had plenty of room in a studio. I guess it depends on how many children and adults.

Are you talking 2020 Thanksgiving or 2021? There may not be any availability for 2020.

We are going to do next Thanksgiving (2021). We will have two adults and two kiddos. What do you think?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter