Grand Californian Super Thread

I have a standard room booked in November. What are the best room reservation requests to ask for these days in order to get the best room possible (definitely a balcony, better view would be awesome). We once had a standard room that was near the DVC wing so we looked out over Goofy's sky school but I didn't make any special requests for that one. It was so cool to be able to hear the music from DCA! Do we just ask at check-in or do they pre-assign rooms? How easy is it to work with the cast member at the front desk? It would be cool to avoid the parking lot view!

I have a standard room booked in November. What are the best room reservation requests to ask for these days in order to get the best room possible (definitely a balcony, better view would be awesome). We once had a standard room that was near the DVC wing so we looked out over Goofy's sky school but I didn't make any special requests for that one. It was so cool to be able to hear the music from DCA! Do we just ask at check-in or do they pre-assign rooms? How easy is it to work with the cast member at the front desk? It would be cool to avoid the parking lot view!

That sounds like you got pixie dusted to a higher room category (theme park view)- I don't know that you could request that on a standard room.

We have a pool day planned on the 23rd... guess I’m glad they’re closing on the 24th for the Reno and our pool time won’t be affected. I doubt they’d close the pools again less than a year after the last closure

We’ll be there first week of October, does anyone know if the pool will be closed? What else will be impacted within the hotel?

We’ll be there first week of October, does anyone know if the pool will be closed? What else will be impacted within the hotel?

We have a cabana booked on the 16th. I don't think they're planning on closing the pools.

I just called and spoke with Paige. We also have a cabana booked. She stated the pools would not be closed.

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard of the specific “grab-and-go” items the Hearthstone has available while White Water is down for refurb? One of our mornings during our trip (11/4-11/8) we need an early (6:15/6:30am) breakfast and, other than In-Room Dining, it seems like this will be our only option within the hotel. Curious on their expanded selection during this time as our daughter has a dairy allergy which complicates things a bit when the choices are slim! Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone! Has anyone heard of the specific “grab-and-go” items the Hearthstone has available while White Water is down for refurb? One of our mornings during our trip (11/4-11/8) we need an early (6:15/6:30am) breakfast and, other than In-Room Dining, it seems like this will be our only option within the hotel. Curious on their expanded selection during this time as our daughter has a dairy allergy which complicates things a bit when the choices are slim! Thanks for your help!

I'm not sure about at Hearthstone but Starbucks will also be open and should have stuff available.

Another option is to place on online order with Von's and have it delivered to the hotel, and eat in your room. We always get yogurt, bagels, cream cheese, fruit, cereal . . . whatever easy breakfast items people want. Saves $ and time, and the bellhop will hold them (and refrigerate items as needed) until you arrive.

DTD Starbucks with a bunch of quick breakfast options opens at 5am and is just outside the GHC entrance to DTD.

And if you have the Starbucks App you can do "To-Go" ordering. We ordered breakfast sandwiches every morning on our walk in. Very convenient!

And if you have the Starbucks App you can do "To-Go" ordering. We ordered breakfast sandwiches every morning on our walk in. Very convenient!

Click “order” in the lobby of the Grand and usually times out perfect when your order hits the counter!

Except if you live in Canada then despite your app knowing you're close to that store you can't mobile order... ask me how I know lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!