Grand Californian Super Thread

Quick question - I'm currently booked at GCH (first on-site stay at Disneyland!) Standard View room in November.

Deliberating whether I should change it to a Courtyard/Woods View room for about $10 more per night. What I'd like is a room closer to the DCA entrance if possible, from the few images I've seen it seems that the Courtyard/Woods View rooms look closer, is this the case? Thanks!

Quick question - I'm currently booked at GCH (first on-site stay at Disneyland!) Standard View room in November.

Deliberating whether I should change it to a Courtyard/Woods View room for about $10 more per night. What I'd like is a room closer to the DCA entrance if possible, from the few images I've seen it seems that the Courtyard/Woods View rooms look closer, is this the case? Thanks!

Some are, some aren't. It's our favorite room category though and the one we always book. We learned after our first trip to always request a room close to the Napa Rose elevators and it's always been granted. Our first stay was on the opposite side of the monorail courtyard and quite the walk to the lobby elevators. I think the view change is totally worth $10/night no matter where you end up though. Have a great trip!

I would say it is worth it.

I agree with others that the upgrade to Courtyard/Woods is worth it, especially for $10 more a night. We had a courtyard/woods view room in August that was very close to the Napa Rose elevators. It made the entrance/exit from DCA very convenient. I loved being able to see the Monorail whizz by! It made our afternoon breaks pretty fun.

Some are, some aren't. It's our favorite room category though and the one we always book. We learned after our first trip to always request a room close to the Napa Rose elevators and it's always been granted. Our first stay was on the opposite side of the monorail courtyard and quite the walk to the lobby elevators. I think the view change is totally worth $10/night no matter where you end up though. Have a great trip!

I would say it is worth it.

I agree with others that the upgrade to Courtyard/Woods is worth it, especially for $10 more a night. We had a courtyard/woods view room in August that was very close to the Napa Rose elevators. It made the entrance/exit from DCA very convenient. I loved being able to see the Monorail whizz by! It made our afternoon breaks pretty fun.

Thanks for the replies - just called to change my booking to a Courtyard/Woods view room (and it really was about $10/night extra - a little bit more with tax)!

Also, thanks for the tip about requesting a room close to the Napa Rose elevators. Can I also ask what's the best way of doing room requests? (I'm used to WDW and getting touring plans to fax in a room request, but not sure how best to do this at DL!)

Thanks for the replies - just called to change my booking to a Courtyard/Woods view room (and it really was about $10/night extra - a little bit more with tax)!

Also, thanks for the tip about requesting a room close to the Napa Rose elevators. Can I also ask what's the best way of doing room requests? (I'm used to WDW and getting touring plans to fax in a room request, but not sure how best to do this at DL!)

I've always called the regular cm number a week or two beforehand and had them add my requests to my reservation but I got busy and forgot this last time and just asked when I checked in. I'm sure others can chime in if they have found if faxing is as good or better for securing your preferences.

Last edited:
I've always called the regular cm number a week or two beforehand and had them add me requests to my reservation but I got busy and forgot this last time and just asked when I checked in. I'm sure others can chime in if they have found if faxing is as good or better for securing your preferences.

Thanks - I'm guessing the regular CM number is just the hotel reservations number? Will try doing that then!

I've always called the regular cm number a week or two beforehand and had them add my requests to my reservation but I got busy and forgot this last time and just asked when I checked in. I'm sure others can chime in if they have found if faxing is as good or better for securing your preferences.

So.... what is the phone number I call? I booked through the group bookings number for Dapper Day rates. I requested 2 connecting rooms. I want to call the front desk of the hotel a few days - a week before my arrival to make sure the CM's assigning the rooms got my request, right? So, what is the phone number for that?

So.... what is the phone number I call? I booked through the group bookings number for Dapper Day rates. I requested 2 connecting rooms. I want to call the front desk of the hotel a few days - a week before my arrival to make sure the CM's assigning the rooms got my request, right? So, what is the phone number for that?

714-956-MICKEY is the reservations number I've always used. I've never called the front desk directly. 714-635-2000 is what I found on Touring Plans.

Untitled.png

Hi, all! We have a standard room at GCH reserved for our January vacation. We'd very much like to stay in a room with a king bed and a daybed. We have just one DD, who is six, and would love the daybed. I have called the GCH to place this request.

Two question:
1. Does anyone know how many standard rooms with a king + daybed exist, and would changing to a different category improve our chances of having this bed arrangement?
2. Is there something else I should do to solidify this request? It is our only request!

You have to call the group rate number, the standard reservation line will not be able to see or make changes to your reservation since you are doing a group rate.

I just wanted to give an update on Hearthstone Lounge offerings while Whitewater Snacks is closed. We just checked in last night. If I had not been doing my research here, I would have had no idea the quick serivce option was closed. Never notifed prior to arrival and was not mentioned at check in. I had read here there would be options in Hearthstone for breakfast. Just wanted to warn selection is severely limited. Had choice of a few muffins, premade fruit plates, some whole fruits, and yogurt parfaits. I just wanted to let people know what is being offered and unless you want breakfast buffet every morning, you would need to look elsewhere. They did have complementary coffee available.

I just wanted to give an update on Hearthstone Lounge offerings while Whitewater Snacks is closed. We just checked in last night. If I had not been doing my research here, I would have had no idea the quick serivce option was closed. Never notifed prior to arrival and was not mentioned at check in. I had read here there would be options in Hearthstone for breakfast. Just wanted to warn selection is severely limited. Had choice of a few muffins, premade fruit plates, some whole fruits, and yogurt parfaits. I just wanted to let people know what is being offered and unless you want breakfast buffet every morning, you would need to look elsewhere. They did have complementary coffee available.
Thank you! Do you have to purchase something to get complementary coffee?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!