Grand Californian Super Thread

...DW and I took a DVC Tour at Aulani and the guide explicitly said the waitlist at VGC is closed. I’ve also read more than a few posts on here since I joined, of people actually on the waitlist and have been (and still are) waiting 18-24 months!
...side note: I bought at $150/pt resale some years ago, I’ve seen current pricing at $200/pt. I read here once that, at the heart of the recession when VGC opened, prices were as low as $81/pt with incentives.
VGC direct price is $260/pt and going up on October 31, rumored price is $280/pt
The higher direct prices might make Disney exercise ROFR and sell to the waitlist :idea:

VGC direct price is $260/pt and going up on October 31, rumored price is $280/pt
The higher direct prices might make Disney exercise ROFR and sell to the waitlist :idea:

People coming off the waitlists and getting direct contracts for VGC? Man that waitlist must be Club 33 level!

If you’re looking to rent VGC, i’ve seen some FB rental groups where a few members are pumping their VGC points for rental.

Well, I bid on a $155 contract and got it for $145 before it got stolen by another buyer --- but that's sale pending. Another listing for $160 went pending this weekend too. So lower PP contracts are being processed. A bunch sitting around at $180-200 too, so would be interesting to see if Disney ROFR these two contracts and future ones to clear the WL

Well, I bid on a $155 contract and got it for $145 before it got stolen by another buyer --- but that's sale pending. Another listing for $160 went pending this weekend too. So lower PP contracts are being processed. A bunch sitting around at $180-200 too, so would be interesting to see if Disney ROFR these two contracts and future ones to clear the WL
When I first read this, I thought you must be looking at VGF and not VGC. I always saw the lowest listings for VGC at "Resale Market" webpage, but never seen one (even stripped) under $180. Which website did you see the one for $155???

Sent you PM - don't want to link the company per forum policies. Less eyeballs hyperlink to them the better IMHO. They cannot even honor an accepted offer, what happens when a complication arises during the sale. Stay away.

You can see it in ROFR thread for those curious.

Stick with more reputable like
https://www.dvcresalemarket.com/listings/https://www.fidelityresales.com/resort/disneys-villas-grand-californian
The latter just had a $160 loaded go instantly that I missed out on because i was 'accepted' offer on this one

Keep in mind with DVC and especially Grand Californian, if you buy second owner retail your investment is just about guaranteed safe. They do at times go down a little but that is pretty rare. GC took a slight hit I think because they jacked the APs up so much, but usually the price just goes up.

Hello, I just got off the phone with an operator at the Grand Californian, and when I requested a room with the sinks separated from the sleeping area, he said that after the renovations, all of the rooms have the sinks adjacent to the sleeping area and none are behind a door. I thought for certain some folks said that there were a few (rare) rooms in which the sinks were behind a door. Can anyone confirm or deny? If they do exist, what do I need to ask for (type of room)? Thanks, I'm checking in tomorrow and would really appreciate the help. In my family we have really early risers who get ready early and it'd be great to give them more privacy (and more sleep for the others!).

Hello, I just got off the phone with an operator at the Grand Californian, and when I requested a room with the sinks separated from the sleeping area, he said that after the renovations, all of the rooms have the sinks adjacent to the sleeping area and none are behind a door. I thought for certain some folks said that there were a few (rare) rooms in which the sinks were behind a door. Can anyone confirm or deny? ...
This photo is from the Grand Californian site:
ada-queen-interior-16x9.jpg
The title of the photos says "ada queen", so this is a Handicap Accessible room.
Bathroom has a pocket door and beds are low.

Do a room search and select "Accessible Rooms", so see a list of various configurations.
Note: the photos are out of date (pre-renovation)

We had a room like this with a pocket door earlier this year. It was a King with a sleeper chair and pull down bed. We didn’t request this specifically but it is just what we got. We had to move rooms after the first night due to a mix up, so maybe it was an ADA room that they were blocking out and then they gave it to us due to the mix up? Every other time we have stayed at the GCH (4 times this year already), we have not had the pocket door.

We have always had sink outside bathroom even before renovations. Have always had a pocket door separating sink area from toilet/shower or tub.

I am guessing this info is in this thread somewhere but I want to share something I learned the hard way this past week: I forgot my prescription sunglasses and my dh mailed them overnight express via USPS. He called the GCH for the hotel’s mailing address. However, they did not tell him that only UPS and Fedex packages go directly to the hotel.

If you send something via USPS or Amazon they will go to the resort’s administrative offices to be sorted and this will take an additional full day. So even though my glasses arrived by noon on property they did not arrive to the GCH until the next afternoon. Although I worked with Bell Services with many calls and visits to them, they were unable to expedite their arrival.

I am guessing this info is in this thread somewhere but I want to share something I learned the hard way this past week: I forgot my prescription sunglasses and my dh mailed them overnight express via USPS. He called the GCH for the hotel’s mailing address. However, they did not tell him that only UPS and Fedex packages go directly to the hotel.

If you send something via USPS or Amazon they will go to the resort’s administrative offices to be sorted and this will take an additional full day. So even though my glasses arrived by noon on property they did not arrive to the GCH until the next afternoon. Although I worked with Bell Services with many calls and visits to them, they were unable to expedite their arrival.
That is definitely good to know. Sorry to hear about the hassle. Stuff like that seems like a missed opportunity by GCH to showcase some Disney Magic. Just my opinion.

Thanks for sharing, this information is not already in this thread.

That is definitely good to know. Sorry to hear about the hassle. Stuff like that seems like a missed opportunity by GCH to showcase some Disney Magic. Just my opinion.

I had a similar problem when a purse I ordered was showing delivered but no one at the hotel could tell me where it was - I lost a little sleep over that as it was a Disney Dooney and we were only on property for 3 or 4 nights that trip but eventually I got it. I'm very sorry that happened with your glasses!

That's a bummer ... I wanted to clarify that deliveries from Amazon Prime Now (their grocery/beer/etc. service) do not go to the resort's administrative offices. They end up with Bell Services, so there's no additional day delay to receive them.

Hi, does anyone have any insight on room request for this category? The hotel is huge and I am wondering if there is location/floor to note on reservation :)

We booked a standard room last year and got upgraded to a partial view of the woods/monorail and that was awesome. Definitely enjoyed my coffee in the mornings in the balcony as the family was getting ready for magic morning/day. I used to buy the coffee at Hearthstone lounge, but now I'm going to have to check for the free coffee in the mornings at White water Snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts