Grand Canyon from Las Vegas - tour or drive myself

Mayra

DIS Veteran
I was thinking maybe doing a 1 day trip to Grand Canyon South Rim if i go to Las Vegas.

Here's my question:

Is it best to drive myself or to get a tour?

About the price it will be about the same one way or the other. A tour I think i'll be more relaxed, but I don't mind driving. I'll be going with my DS12, we've done 14 hrs drive before, he doesn't mind either. I don't know if taking a tour will mean that maybe i'll miss on something since i'm not the one deciding when or where to stop or for how long.

What do You Think?

Best to drive the 5 hours, stay in Grand Canyon Nat Park and return the next day. You would have more time to see what you want, when you want.

If spending the night is not an option, then a tour probably would be best. I would not recommend driving to Grand Canyon South Rim and back in a day.

A tour I think i'll be more relaxed, but I don't mind driving.
I'm going to disagree here. If you take a tour, you'll be traveling with other people, and you'll have to adhere to the group's schedule -- that doesn't exactly scream "relaxed" to me. I wouldn't mind doing a tour persay, but if I had the option, I'd rather drive my own car so that I'd be able to control my timing, the temperature and music, when and where we stop.

Done the bus tour and would not do it again. It wasn't so bad, it was just too much driving and not enough touring. We would have liked to stay and see more of the Canyon, but the bus driver kept reminding us of how people "got left behind" if they weren't at the bus when time to go. But you may enjoy the bus tour if this is your first time to the Canyon. It just made me realize I must drive there next time and stay a couple days to see more. :)I'v talked about the bus tour we did in my trip report, below. FYI.

The Grand Canyon is breathe-taking. TAKE YOUR TIME. I do not believe it can be done in one day. Way too much driving. We left Vegas and drove to Hoover Dam and then on to Bryce and Zion and then finally Grand Canyon. We did this in several days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter