Grand Canyon newbie

I don't know too much about the Grand Canyon since I have never been, but here are a few sites you should check out:

First and foremost you should go to the Grand Canyon NPS site.

Grand Canyon Railway looks very interesting if you would like to see the Canyon by train.

Here is Xanterra Parks and Resort's (lodging concessioner for South Rim) Grand Canyon South Rim site. The El Tovar is operated by Xanterra, and here is their website for the hotel. From the hotel's description it sounds like it's the Lake Yellowstone Hotel of the Grand Canyon :goodvibes . Xanterra also offers tons of activities in the Grand Canyon. Your kids won't be bored.

The North Rim is now operated by another concessioner (Forever Resorts I think), and here is their website.

I'm not sure about the drive from the Canyon to Disneyland, but from Las Vegas it is about 5 hour drive to get to Anaheim. Tack on a few more hours when coming from the Canyon. For precise directions try Rand McNally.

As for discussion boards try Yellowstone.net-they have a board for other national parks-the posters there can probably direct you to some sites dedicated to the Canyon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter