Grand Cayman Excursion

emilymad

DIS Veteran
We are leaning towards doing a beach day in Grand Cayman. There are 3 ships in port and the Fantasy is the last to arrive. Realistically I don't see us getting to a beach until noon. Will it be super crowded then?

We are two adults and we don't want to rent a cabana at Royal Palms. Is there another beach that is better? We are looking for a calm, quiet day.

Should we skip the beach all together? We did the stingrays last time which was fun but we don't need to do it again.

I've heard that Seven Mile Beach is gorgeous, but I don't have any more insight other than that... :)

As the name implies, the 7 mile beach is very long. There will be places that aren't too crowded. But, you might find that the places nearer to facilities are pretty crowded. When we went, I don't even know what other ships were there, but we had a section of the beach basically to ourselves. We just took a taxi to somewhere, got out, wandered down the beach a ways, and found a couple of guys hanging out who would set up a couple of chairs and an umbrella for us (there were guys like this all down the beach, it seemed). They also had reasonably priced water/soda for sale. It was easy, relaxing, and calm. Several hundred yards down the beach we could see a much more crowded area, where there was a bar nearby, people doing various water activities (these water jet-pack things), etc. But, it was really easy to find an uncrowded area - I really think you'll be able to do it easily if that's what you want.

Now, if you wanted a place with "service" where there are restrooms close by, people who will bring you drinks, etc., you might run into more crowds.

I think this was the nicest beach I've ever been to...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter