Grand Cayman time vs Ship time during DST

sweetpee_1993

DIS Veteran
For those who are doing westerns and visiting Grand Cayman this summer...during daylight savings time...I’m trying to figure out the difference in ship time and island time. Was the ship time 1 hour AHEAD of Grand Cayman time? It’s been a few years since I did a western. Seems like the ship changes time as we crossed into the next zone. Hiwever, GC doesn’t observe daylight savings time so that would put us an hour ahead of them. So 10:30 all-ashore is 9:30 to them. Is this correct?

We did Western March 2017 after the start of DST. The night before we were directed to switch our clocks. Ship time = island time.

It will be in your Navigator. They will tell you what time to set your clocks/watches.

It will be in your Navigator. They will tell you what time to set your clocks/watches.
Gotcha. But what I need the info for righ5 now is to book an excursion not with the cruise line. Our all-ashore is 10:30. Excursion times I have to pick from are 10:30 & 1:00. Doesn’t look like I’ll be able to catch the 10:30 if ship & island are same time. :-)

Oh, I understand stand what you are asking. I would go with the 1:00. You will tender at Geand Cayman which takes a little while especially depending on the line to get a tender and how many boats they are running. Allow yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship after your excursion. I’m pretty sure there was a sign stating the time the last tender will leave for the ship. Have fun!!

Oh, I understand stand what you are asking. I would go with the 1:00. You will tender at Geand Cayman which takes a little while especially depending on the line to get a tender and how many boats they are running. Allow yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship after your excursion. I’m pretty sure there was a sign stating the time the last tender will leave for the ship. Have fun!!
Thanks so much. The excursion is only like 2 1/2 hours so the 1:00 will be okay. I was really hoping for the 10:30 if the ship time was off by an hour but doesn’t look like that’s the case. At least with the 1:00 we won’t have to stress over hurrying off the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter