Grand Floridian or poly with 1 year old?

JonT36

Earning My Ears
hello

We will be headed to Disney in May with a 1 year old. Any input as to which resort would be better as they seem to be similar price between gf and poly? Going to magic kingdom Moseley but will probably head t Epcot maybe for dinner one night or just an afternoon? Will also spend a day or 2 by the pool and eat at either resort.

Last edited:
hello

We will be headed to Disney in May with a 1 year old. Any input as to which resort would be better as they seem to be similar price between gf and poly? Going to magic kingdom Moseley but will probably head t Epcot maybe for dinner one night or just an afternoon? Will also spend a day or 2 by the pool and eat at either resort.

FYI, there was a thread a few weeks ago with a very similar question that may be helpful:

Polynesian or grand Floridian with babyo

Hope that helps.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either... they’re right next to each other, just different as far as atmosphere goes. Check out some YouTube videos to see which is more suitable for your family. Good luck deciding!

hello

I love both resorts but my youngest child loves the splash/water feature at Polynesian! However with your child only being one, I think GF could be a better choice. The splash area and pools always seem a little quieter there and same goes for quick service restaurant. You really can’t go wrong with either resort in my opinion! Happy planning!

I love both resorts, however with a baby I would choose the one that works for you. The baby will not really know.

I find that the Poly offers a tranquil escape as you move away from The GCH, and if you get a patio, you can relax after the little one is in bed.

The Grand quiet pool is actually quiet though, but I do not find that to be true with the Poly. As was stated upthread, the splash area at teh Grand is less boisterous as well. My personal preference is the Grand.

I agree with everyone else that you can't go wrong with either one as they are both great. The Poly is my favorite overall as I love the tropical surroundings, but the GF is beautiful as well and runs a close second. I'd look at pics of both and go with the one that the theme/decor/atmosphere appeals to you the most.

We will be going over Thanksgiving with our 18 month old at the time and we will be staying at GF for what it is worth.

I vote GF, while we adore the Poly it is definitely busier in almost all of the common areas of the resort(in my opinion). Hope you have a great trip!

We are going with a one year old for 14 nights

Wish me luck

We love longer stays! I feel like it gives you time to do everything and then some... and when the kids aren’t cooperating, downtime isn’t a big deal! Have a great time!

We love longer stays! I feel like it gives you time to do everything and then some... and when the kids aren’t cooperating, downtime isn’t a big deal! Have a great time!

Yeah that’s true

For us here in the UK u get a 14 day ticket for the price of 7 and then free dinning to so doesn’t work out that much more

And after travelling all that way, might as well do it in style and do two weeks

Not only that but as u say want some resort days, relaxing, Or even just chilling in one of the water parks

Yeah that’s true

For us here in the UK u get a 14 day ticket for the price of 7 and then free dinning to so doesn’t work out that much more

And after travelling all that way, might as well do it in style and do two weeks

Not only that but as u say want some resort days, relaxing, Or even just chilling in one of the water parks

Wow, can’t go wrong with that offer! Definitely worth the extra time when you’re coming all that way! I hope you guys have a wonderful time!!!

NP! We have a split stay in June. BW & GF. 15 day trip, but first 2 days off property.

Wow that sounds amazing

We are doing 2 weeks at AKL then a three night Disney dream cruise at end of November

Can’t come quick enough

With a 1 year old the Grand for sure. I find the polynesian to be chaotic, esp the 2nd floor with the dining choices are. There are people everywhere it seems. We have brought our son to the Grand since he has been 1. I also find the 2 pools at the grand to be less overwhelming for a baby as well. You can also always walk over to the poly to enjoy the kid activities that are over there, the only thing you would not be able to use is their pool which i find to be always crowded/chaotic. I also like peace and quiet after a long day in the parks and i find that better at the grand. My son when he was one would love to walk around the lobby of the grand which was great because its carpeted and its nice to listen to the piano too.

Wow that sounds amazing

We are doing 2 weeks at AKL then a three night Disney dream cruise at end of November

Can’t come quick enough

I’ve never stayed at AKL, but it looks beautiful! I’ve also never been on a Disney cruise!! Honestly, I think my biggest fear would be worrying I’d miss being on property too much!! Sounds like a great plan, though, you are getting the best of both worlds in one trip!! I’m sure it will be amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter