Grand Floridian Sugar Loaf Concierge

NeverWantToGrowUp

Earning My Ears
Hi,
I just reserved GF Sugar Loaf Concierge room for early December stay, with that excellent code from mousesaver. Does anyone know if the room lay-out is same as what is shown as "tower" room in official disney website for GF? I had stayed in Poly Concierge this April for a week and really liked it. I read somewhere that the lounge service in Sugar Loaf ends at 7pm, is that true? Anyone has any detail on what the food offering is, other than breakfast? What is being offered in twilight refresher?
Thanks.

You might want to check out this thread http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=235911 for some info.
Our room had a king bed, a dining table, a couch, an armoire with the tv, fridge, and minibar. It was very large, and the balcony overlooked the pool area. We had an excellent view of the Lagoon, so we viewed the water parade nightly. We could also see parts of the Magic Kingdom (castle, Space Mountain).
PM me if I forgot anything or if you have more questions!
-MrsAPalm

I've never stayed in Sugar Loaf, but my family and I did have a tower room last October. Basically it's a regular room with an extra sitting room. The sitting room has a small couch, small table and 2 chairs, second TV, and a coffee table. My 2 year old slept on the couch with a bedrail, but it's very small... more like a love seat.

Have a great time! :) The GF is beautiful and I'm sure the concierge will be nice too. ;)

A room in Sugar Loaf Key will just be a standard room, with two queen beds, two queen beds and a daybed, or one king bed. You'll have all the amenities of the standard resort rooms, plus the added service of the concierge level.

We stayed in Sugar Loaf before and were not that impressed. Don't know if you are traveling with children, but my kids only enjoyed breakfast. The food was very "adult" oriented throughout the rest of the day. Mostly salads, cheese, fruit, very light offerings. They do clean up by 7pm and cookies and pastry were the last servings. No alcohol is served in Sugar Loaf. I was disappointed with the seating also. There were only a couple of tables, each with just 3 seats and they were placed in the back entranceway. They do have a couple of sofa's and chairs, but not easy to eat at. Many times, we were not able to find a place to sit in the morning. We were there in early July though, so that may have had a lot to do with it. The food, seating and concierge desk are all located in the same area on the main floor. Our room had 2 queen beds and a day bed. We had a marina view, but due to a big tree outside our balcony, it blocked the view of the castle. We did request a room change and they were able to accomodate us a few days later. Having experienced both the main building and Sugar Loaf concierge, I would probably stick with the main building. That said, if you have a great rate for Sugar Loaf, I would say go for it. I just wouldn't pay full rates for it again though.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter