Grand Plan Review

Eeyore1954

<font color=purple>A smart man who realizes that p
My DW & I spent May 14 - 21 at VWL celebrating our 25th anniversary. We decided (for the first time) to do a package and splurged on Disney's Grand Plan. Our observations:

Pros: The itinerary planning was great for us; we are big-time planners. We told the WL concierge what we wanted to do and said arrange it. We did some tweaking, of course, but it was nice to have things arranged ahead of time.

We ate at a lot of places we had not been to before; we did a lot of activities we had not done (Illuminiations Cruise for one).

There was a LOT of magic on our trip with the WL concierge staff (especially Randall) creating a lot of it for us.

We didn't have to worry about how much meals, cruise, activities cost.

Cons: TOO MUCH FOOD! We heard it before we left, but we thought we could handle it. No way! We barely made the 3 meals each day -- the snacks would have "killed" us.

Would we do it again? Maybe on our 50th anniversary (if we are alive!) Seriously, we probably won't do Deluxe or Grand again, simply because you pay for all the meals/snacks, but there's no way any human could eat that much. We MIGHT consider Discovery Magic -- that looks more manageable.

If you have any questions about the GP, I'll be happy to try to answer them. We had a very magical vacation and I would not trade the experience for anything! If I could do it over again, I'd do the exact same thing. For us, it was a once-in-a-lifetime experience.

We're going to be at Disney this Christmas/New Year, we currently have the standard plan (no meals) but are thinking about upgrading to Grand Plan, mainly because we like to have everything planned but also the idea that everything is pre paid is very attractive. Are there any restaurants that aren't included in the plan? Our favourite is California Grill - is this included? Also, are there restrictions on how many times you can go to a restaurant and are there restrictions on what you can eat?

With the Grand Plan, you may eat at any Disney restaurant on property except the fast food type restaurants. Victoria & Albert's are included. You get three meals a day. You may have an appetizer, entree, dessert and a non-alcoholic drink. You may order one appetizer, entree, or dessert between meals as a snack (One snack a day). Tax and tipping is included. If you dig through the other forums, you will find further information on the Grand Plan. I dont know which one it was, but someone recently posted the Grand Plan guidebook from Disney. You might be able to get WDTC to mail you a 2002 Disney's Grand Plan brochure, if they cant Im sure if you call the resort you are staying at will mail you one. Try http://wdwig.com/ also for more information, they have reviews of the Grand Plan.

Thanks for your reply - I think in the first instance I'll go to the WDIG web site and then the hotel. Thanks again.

Thank you for sharing your Grand Plan trip. I will be honeymooning at WDW in August and Fi and I thought about the Grand Plan but decided to go w/ Discovery Magic.

We might go w/ the Grand Plan on our next trip- it sounds great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter