Grand Villa 7 Months Out?

TinkHappy

DIS Veteran
Has anyone had luck booking a Grand Vill 7 months out?

We are looking at this summer...not sure on exact date yet, June or July and I am not sure if a Grand Villa at a non-home resort would even be possible at 7-months. Our home resort, VWL, the Grand Villa points are astronomical, plus we really don't like the set up of the master with another bedroom directly next door (sharing a wall), with the other bedroom on the other side...just my opinion, I'm sure this works for others. So, I guess I can book 2-studios + a one-bedroom (or a two-bedroom lock-off + a studio) at my home resort and then hope for the best at the 7-month mark. I would rather have all of us in on Grand Villa rather than separate rooms, in separate locations...that would be a bummer as this is a family trip and want to be together.

Where would I find out how many Grand Villas each resort has?

Thank you!!

If you really mean this year, you are into less than 60 days out, and likely limited to SSR. If looking at next year, for June or July, other than days around July 4, the AKV savanna view, VGF, CCV and SSR GVs are likely to be open at 7 months out. You may also have a decent chance at AKV Kidani standard view, BLT, and OKW, particularly in July after July 6 (July 7 to July 30 is the second lowest DVC demand time of the year at WDW; Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents’ Day is the lowest). You mention VWL, now named BRV, but it has no GVs. Possibly you are referring to CCV, which GVs are very point costly, the reason they have often been open at 7 months out. BWV and Jambo are unlikely although during that July time, even those have sometimes been open for 5 or 6 nights in a row.

Last edited:
If you really mean this year, you are into less than 60 days out, and likely limited to SSR. If looking at next year, for June or July, other than days around July 4, the AKV savanna view, VGF, CCV and SSR GVs are likely to be open at 7 months out. You may also have a decent chance at AKV Kidani standard view, BLT, and OKW, particularly in July after July 6 (July 6 to July 30 is the second lowest DVC demand time of the year at WDW; Feb 1 to the Thurs before Presidents’ Day is the lowest). You mention VWL, now named BRV, but it has no GVs. Possibly you are referring to CCV, which GVs are very point costly, the reason they have often been open at 7 months out. BWV and Jambo are unlikely although during that July time, even those have sometimes been open for 5 or 6 nights in a row.
🙂

Thank you, drusba! Yes, my bad...I should have mentioned this is for next year.

Has anyone had luck booking a Grand Vill 7 months out?

We are looking at this summer...not sure on exact date yet, June or July and I am not sure if a Grand Villa at a non-home resort would even be possible at 7-months. Our home resort, VWL, the Grand Villa points are astronomical, plus we really don't like the set up of the master with another bedroom directly next door (sharing a wall), with the other bedroom on the other side...just my opinion, I'm sure this works for others. So, I guess I can book 2-studios + a one-bedroom (or a two-bedroom lock-off + a studio) at my home resort and then hope for the best at the 7-month mark. I would rather have all of us in on Grand Villa rather than separate rooms, in separate locations...that would be a bummer as this is a family trip and want to be together.

Where would I find out how many Grand Villas each resort has?

Thank you!!
You can't book a GV at CCV using BRV points at eleven months out. Only at seven months out.

You can't book a GV at CCV using BRV points at eleven months out. Only at seven months out.
Thank you! Ever since they changed from VWL (we have owned since 1999), it has been super confusing. I know it shouldn't be, but sometimes old habits... :)

We are owners at SSR and have booked the following grand villas 7 months out:

-AKV: Kidani
-VGF
-Aulani

When booking these, I’ve also seen BLT available. Not sure about OKW. Even though we book SSR at 11 months out, I’ve seen grand villas there available at 7.

Between SSR and AKV-Kidani ... they’re both great grand villas for a lower point cost. We love SSR as our home and there are quite a few GVs there. Plus, the refurb there should be starting soon - by the time you go, you could possibly get a refurbished villa depending on how far along they are.

We love the atmosphere and theming at Kidani. We also love how tranquil and serene SSR feels. SSR feels like a retreat after chaotic park days.

Are you leaning toward anywhere in particular?

Last edited:
We were really interested in SSR as it is so close to DS. Going with our two daughters and their BFs, we felt being close to DS would be really fun.

Between the Monday after marathon weekend in Jan to late Sep, SSR GVs have usually been open at 7 months out. During the late Sep to marathon weekend in Jan period, they are often open, at least preferred, except for some risk otherwise of some days being missing during the extremely high demand periods -- the Thurs before Columbus Day to the second weekend after Columbus Day; the Wine & Dine race e weekend in early November, the last weekend of Food & Wine in mid- November, the Tues to Fri of Thanksgiving week, the first two weeks of Dec, Dec 23 through Jan 1, and marathon weekend in Jan.

In relation to other GVs, I consider the SSR ones to be adequate but with three downsides: (a) there is only one balcony and it is off the dining room area, (b) unlike others GVs that are open downstairs so you have a large living/kitchen/ dining area, the SSR GVs actually separate by walls the living from the dining room and kitchen, making them feel smaller; and (c) the w/d is on the second floor, just outside an upstairs bedroom, meaning the most likely people to be doing the laundry, who are sleeping on the first floor, need to go upstairs to do laundry, and the most likely time for them to do it -- late evening -- means there is a risk of waking kids if you have kids sleeping in that bedroom, because the machines are noisy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!