Granddaughter flying in with us, but needs to return on parents flight?

SuzyQue

Serious Mickey Nut
Has anyone ever booked flights this way? My daughter is trying, but has a call into Delta because while booking online it makes it look as if the 4 year old child is flying alone. :sad2:

Has anyone ever booked flights this way? My daughter is trying, but has a call into Delta because while booking online it makes it look as if the 4 year old child is flying alone. :sad2:
Are any flights currently booked? If not, one way to accomplish this is to set up everything as one way tickets.

Reservation #1 Grandparents + Granddaughter fly TO MCO (assuming MCO is your destination).
Reservation #2 Parents fly TO MCO
Reservation #3 Grandparents fly home FROM MCO
Reservation #4 Parents + Child fly home FROM MCO

I wondered about the 1-way flight scenario, but thought there would be quite an increase in price. Just checked and the difference for ours and DGD would be $21 each, and only $1 increase for her parents. We'll wait for the call back from Delta first, but thanks for giving me an alternative.

We had a recent trip where I had to book a flight where DS was flying down with me and back with DW. A quick call to Delta worked everything out.

My DD had already booked all of us when it wouldn't let her book my DGD so she called. Delta did call back and got DGD's flight all booked and got her seat selection completed so that's good news. But my DD says the flight went from $397 to over $500 so looks like we're not done talking to Delta yet!

If your granddaughter is booked on a separate reservation from her parents, she'll have a different passenger name record or confirmation number. Your daughter can always contact Delta about linking the two reservations.

As for the price change, this may come down to the whole "prices are not guaranteed until ticket is issued...".

Good luck, I hope this works out for you.

If your granddaughter is booked on a separate reservation from her parents, she'll have a different passenger name record or confirmation number. Your daughter can always contact Delta about linking the two reservations.

As for the price change, this may come down to the whole "prices are not guaranteed until ticket is issued...".

Good luck, I hope this works out for you.

Thanks for the info! I just checked and the R/T flight for DGD is still listed as $397. Even if booked with 1-ways it would only be $418. Also checked to make sure Delta wasn't charging a fee for booking by phone and they have dropped that past fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter