Grande Villas vs Cypress Point vs anywhere else?

london75

DIS Veteran
Hi, very long time lurker but not posted for years. Sorry this is a sort of repeat of other questions that have been posted over the years but there seem to be very few responses from the last year so thought I'd ask if anyone has any recent experience!

We've decided due to insane Disney prices and having two teenage daughters who no longer want to share a bed that we'd like to stay offsite and in a condo/apartment 2 bedroom type resort outside of Disney. We're only doing Disney and probably will get a car although Uber/Lyft is a possibility as we did that last year and it worked pretty well except the waiting at busy times/remote locations!

We used to use villas when we first started going to Florida every year but in recent years we've stayed almost exclusively onsite so we've been very spoiled and have lost touch with where else is nice to stay.

Searching came up with Grande Villas Resort and then shortly afterwards Cypress Pointe which is basically the same resort but over the road it seems. Prices are a little different but not much and pretty much where we need them, around the £100 - £110 per night mark.

Can anyone recommend one over the other or somewhere else you'd rather stay with the following:

2 Bedrooms min
Parking
Pool
Easy access to both supermarket and places to eat
Not far from Disney (we've stayed all the way up I-drive years ago and in the 192/I4/27 triangle and I think we feel proximity to Disney Springs is our benchmark for the right location)
£100-£150 per night really, not too much in resort fees as well (150 would have to be really nice)
Good wifi for teenagers and me to keep working
Gym would be nice!

Thanks in advance!

Do you know someone who is a DVC member or has a timeshare that allows to exchange into Interval International?
If you don't go at peak times they could book a getaway for you through II really cheap.

I've had a quick look, a few examples of II getaways:
- Sheraton Vistana Villages, 2 bedrooms for £361 a week in May or September, slightly higher in August,
- Sheraton Vistana as low as £301
- Cypress Point £419 in April, under £550 in October, £912 in June
- Marriot Grande Vista doesn't have 2BR at the moment, but studios are £296 in May, you could book 2.

I've picked the best prices, other times can be more expensive but still good prices for a busier season. It depends on the period, but you can get great bargains. I've stayed in a 3BR villa at the Marriot near Disneyland Paris for £555 for the whole week (no other fee) in December.

I was looking into confirmed DVC rentals at one point there are a few out there:

https://rentals.*******.com/confirmed-reservations/

There is very little chance of getting 2 weeks though but might be worth a night or two on disney property if you booked Monday - Wednesday Night you would get both extra evening hours.

The cancellation is a bit rubbish though and you would need to do it at a later date. I know some people who book a villa and then keep the villa but book 1 night in Universal hotel and a couple of nights at disney hotels just to get the perks as the cost isn't that much pp per night for a villa. But obviously your mileage will vary on this and it was pre pandemic when staying at disney was arguably worth it.

It's dictated by the flights I got on miles so it's 11th - 30th August which I realise is an odd and difficult duration for a timeshare resort but we're going for a bit more of a budget trip this year after realising how much we'd ended up spending on recent trips!

Sheraton Vistana Villages was the first place we stayed 17 years ago with a baby in tow so that would be pretty good to go back given she's practically an adult now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter