Grandma on the sofa bed?

Sunshine2U

Disney Nana
How comfortable is the sofa bed? Compared to the regular bed? Would you put your 84 yo granny on it?

It is pretty low to the ground so I know my mom, for example, wouldn't be able to use it as it as it hurts her back to stand up from that low. Only other thing I would say is I would not give it to her if you are using the top bunk because it is not super easy to get in and out of with the bunk down. Overall though -- a pretty comfy bed

How comfortable is the sofa bed? Compared to the regular bed? Would you put your 84 yo granny on it?
The bed in the sofa bed is a "regular" bed. It's not your typically fold-out sofa bed. The back of the bed folds down (like a pullman bed) and the mattress in there is a standard twin sized mattress.

(sorry, had a picture, but it won't load - crummy internet at the RV parks in Canada)

Our adult son slept on it fine.

It is comfortable, but low to the ground. If your loved one is in good health w/o mobility issues, should be ok. I certainly wouldn't put her in the upper bunk- LOL! Good luck and have a great cruise

I slept on it twice....once in 2013 and it was very comfortable
Again in April and not as comfortable.....either it is more worn...or I am older :rotfl: Or both. I did think the Murphy was more comfortable but DGD only gave it up for 2 nights

I always sleep on the sofa bed. It's very comfortable. I have trouble with my lower back sometimes on mattresses, but have never had a problem with these.

You can always ask for a mattress topper for your queen bed and/or your sofa bed. Makes a difference.

If she likes a soft mattress, then no. If she likes a firm mattress, she should be fine. I find it much too firm, IMHO. I have purchased an inflatable camping pad to go on top of a mattress topper for when I’m on it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter