Gray is THE color these days I guess

Regarding the color gray

• Love gray! All my rooms are gray!

Votes: 11 9.6%
  • I like gray- some of my rooms are gray.

Votes: 37 32.5%
  • I prefer gray as more of an accent color and use it that way.

Votes: 7 6.1%
  • I like gray- but haven't painted any rooms gray.

Votes: 29 25.4%
  • I don't like gray- none of our rooms are gray.

Votes: 24 21.1%
  • I have gray rooms, but not by choice

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I really wish you had spelled it "grey"

Votes: 17 14.9%

• Total voters

Mermaid02

DIS Veteran
When I toured our new house initially I was disappointed to see the colors online were no longer the colors in the house- they went in and painted the ENTIRE house gray. Every room is the same color of gray. Initially I didn't like it, it is growing on me but I am doing accent walls in most rooms. When I posted colors on facebook and asked my friend's opinions I was surprised how many people also had gray throughout their homes.

Love grey!
I have a couple rooms grey and plan on painting one more a grey.
I have grey furniture in my living room, and will most likely be putting grey furniture in my family room after it is painted grey.

WOW! I didn't know it made a comeback (or actually didn't know it was even a thing of the past LOL).

I got married in 1990 and LOVED my gray living room with white furniture and white window trim. I am going to redo my ds's room in a year or two and already thought I would use light gray since he will be in his early 20s.

I chose number two. I have grey throughout my house but not every room is grey. Kids room are lavender, blue grey and green. The two youngest bedroom sets are grey, one has espresso shelves and rose gold in it and the other black with silver. Third kid’s room has grey black trim. Our main living area has grey carpet and the kitchen has grey wood look porcelain tile. Living and front rooms are painted “greige” and the kitchen is a grey green. Bathroom is blue green, grey. Haven’t done the master, loft or kids bath but there will be grey of some form.

eta: Oh yeah my living room furniture is grey with a green/teal accent chair.

We had our house painted when we moved in about 10 years ago. It's all various shades of grey with white trim. We're trendsetters :P

Many years ago when we moved to a new state, we bought a house that had wallpaper in nearly every common space except the den which had wood paneling that was dark. The wallpaper was the ugliest stuff we had ever seen. We took all the wall paper off the living room walls, hallway, dining room and painted them all Rhinestone (Sherwin Williams). It was a pale gray with a touch of blue in it. So not dreary, but it brightened up the space. The floors were wood in the hallway, living room and dining room, so they provided color to the space. Our last house before the one we moved to about two years ago, we painted the rooms colors similar to OKW colors. We didn't realize it until after we were done. Kitchen was a pale yellow, den was a pale blue, living room and hallway were a pale blue-green.

Our current home is all white except for the master bath which we painted a seashore green color since we live on an island in SW Florida. We are going to paint more, but not now.

Yup, one of my favorite spaces in my house was in our lower level family room that we painted a deep grey - in the early 90s. It was meant to be barn-like, and it was.

The greys of today seem to be soft, and almost green-like. DD has her room painted that color. Eh. I wouldn't use it anywhere else in my house right now, it just wouldn't go with what I have, which are mostly jewel tones. I do like the look in certain homes, but it depends. I really like strong contrasts, so light with some darks, etc. I don't like everything pale or everything dark.

When I moved into my current house everything was beige, and I can't stand that color. I painted my living room, bedroom, kitchen different shades of grey. So much happier and cleaner in my opinion.

I voted that I liked gray but didn't have any rooms painted it, but then I remembered that our basement is painted gray. The carpet is sort of dark blue, so that makes the walls look blue, but they are actually gray.

It's a good neutral color. I tend to lean more toward beige as my neutral. Most of our house is painted various shades of brown.

Our bedroom and attached bath are both painted gray. It is more the steely gray, not brownish gray.

Our bedroom and attached bath are both painted gray. It is more the steely gray, not brownish gray.
It took me months to find a grey that wasn’t brown or blue. The one I used has just a tiny bit of warmth. With bright white trim it pops nicely.

It took me months to find a grey that wasn’t brown or blue. The one I used has just a tiny bit of warmth. With bright white trim it pops nicely.

Gray can be a weird color, it picks up tones from all over.

In our old house, I think I tried every shade of gray paint that Lowe's had to offer. The lady at the paint counter and I were on a first name basis. Every single one looked blue or purple on the wall. I finally gave up and went off white.

Our current house has a lot varying shades of gray - from almost white on the kitchen cabinets (I loved that color so much, the large living room has it on the walls as well, it looks different depending on the location but is perfect for each) to a darker, silver color on the kitchen walls. I think I was so happy to finally be able to use it that I might have gone a little overboard. The only place I wasn't happy with it was in the front hallway, for some reason the pale gray that we picked for that area looks mint green:crazy2:.

We are hopefully going to do the exterior of the house sometime this year, I'm going with a very dark gray with white trim and navy blue doors.

I only like gray if it's the "right" gray. And that's hard to find. I don't like blue or purple-toned gray. It's hard to find a good neutral, but when done right, it's wonderful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!