Grayline to Kennedy Space Centre?

Alison S

Mouseketeer
Has anyone used them recently? We're staying at CSR, so we'd need to uber to the swan at 7:45 (I think). What time do they arrive at KSC? What time do they depart, and when do you get back to the swan? Is this a good amount of time? Is there an advantage buying the package of transportation + tickets through them, or should I just buy the transportation and then get tickets through KSC? Would you recommend any of the "add on" things for first time visitors (adult + 7 year old)? I am not interested in driving in FL, so this seems to be our only option. Thanks!

Has anyone used them recently? We're staying at CSR, so we'd need to uber to the swan at 7:45 (I think). What time do they arrive at KSC? What time do they depart, and when do you get back to the swan? Is this a good amount of time? Is there an advantage buying the package of transportation + tickets through them, or should I just buy the transportation and then get tickets through KSC? Would you recommend any of the "add on" things for first time visitors (adult + 7 year old)? I am not interested in driving in FL, so this seems to be our only option. Thanks!

no I havent used Greyline - IMO, its so much more convient to by an all inclusive package - that way I can focus in on visiting KSC for the very first time -

per se,
:goodvibesI am going through Viator.com for an October 19th all day tour of KSC and need to Minnie van/ Uber / Lyft it from Pop Century Hotel to the Swan by about 7;30am with a return back to the Swan by about 8:30pm - 9pm ish with me being back at Pop approx 10pm....

thats plus or minus 30 minutes - hope that helps - again, its the "Kennedy Space Center Deluxe Experience: Lunch with an Astronaut and Up-Close Tour through Viator.com -

info below -
Departure Details
DEPARTURE TIME
8:35 AM
DEPARTURE POINT
Pickup is available from select hotels on International Drive, Kissimmee, Disney and Lake Buena Vista.
If your hotel is not on the complementary pick up list you can either make your way to the nearest up location or arrange a hotel pick up for a surcharge payable directly with the local supplier

DEPARTURE SCHEDULE
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.
Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.

Before You Go
• Please note: entrance tickets and transport included. This voucher will not be accepted if presented directly at the venue.
• Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
• All bags, purses and other items will be opened and inspected at the Visitor Complex. (Procedures to search all bags carried into the complex by visitors and employees are actions taken as part of the increase in security and not part of a specific threat)
• If any of the items below are discovered, you must surrender them to a Security Officer. Surrendered items will not be returned to you. Since all guests have to go through the metal detectors, please reduce the number of items you normally carry. Visitors could face delays entering the park as a result of the searches.
The following items are not permitted at the KSCVC:
• Firearms of any type (with or without a permit), ammunition, pepper/mace sprays
• Knives of any size, box cutters or like items, hardpointed items including scissors or nail files
• Coolers, luggage or other large bags are not permitted
Hotel pickups commence prior to this time, you must contact the local service provider to verify your exact pickup time.

Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Inclusions & Exclusions
WHAT'S INCLUDED
  • Lunch with the Astronaut Program including buffet lunch
  • Discover KSC Bus Tour fully narrated taking you to special interest sites
  • Driver/guide
  • Live commentary on board
  • Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
  • Entry/Admission - Caravan Serai
WHAT'S NOT INCLUDED
  • Food and drinks (unless otherwise specified)
  • Gratuities

Hope this helps -

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALLpopcorn::

Last edited:
Is there an advantage buying the package of transportation + tickets through them, or should I just buy the transportation and then get tickets through KSC?

I'd just compare the costs. I don't think the tickets Grayline sells gets you anything extra.

Would you recommend any of the "add on" things for first time visitors (adult + 7 year old)?

For first time visitors, you don't need to buy any extras. The standard tour that included in all admissions is adequate. There's plenty to do without the extra stuff.

The only exception might be the dining with the astronaut. While I haven't done the lunch, I have gotten to meet/hear astronauts speak as part of launch day special events I've attended. There's nothing quite like hearing a first hand account of being in space.

That said, you can meet an astronaut without paying extra. It just won't be as long and detailed as you'd get with the lunch. Just check the daily schedule when you arrive for details.

I am not interested in driving in FL, so this seems to be our only option.

I do think that's your only option outside of taxis or "ride sharing", both of which are probably more expensive.

I'm definitely NOT trying to push you to do something outside your comfort zone. That said, the roads between Disney World and Kennedy Space Center are pretty low-key. Most of the trip looks like this.

And, there's no complex interchanges to worry about, either.

Link to Bing Maps: https://binged.it/2ZTSWZt

Personally, I think the easiest thing would be to do a one-day rental at the Alamo/National desk at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. That hotel is across the street from the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.

I'd go with that location over the Car Care Center because you wouldn't have to worry about getting back to your Disney Resort. They allow after-hours drop off. So, reserve the car for a full 24 hours and simply return it when you get back. As long as you get back by 2am, you can simply walk over to Disney Springs and take a bus back to your resort.

Alamo is arguably the "best" with regard to tolls. All you'll be charged is the actual tolls plus $3.95 fee on the days tolls are charged. Plus, there's gas station (with "normal" pricing) just a few blocks from the hotel.

Again, I'm not trying to push you. But, it's really an easy drive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter