Great discounts for military! Please feel free to add yours

live4christp1

DIS Veteran
Just wanted to let everyone know.....if you are military and travel to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area, be sure and ask about discounts. We have found some great ones, like the Ripley's Aquarium regular price adult is $22.29 and $12.25 for kids......with your military ID it is $3.99 each plus tax.

All the Ripley's attractions are heavily discounted for military as well as Guinness Book of World Records.

Most are for the military member and dependants only. Some require ID for all dependants over the age of 12.

I have a detailed list, if anyone would like it just PM me.

We are going in 2 weeks and I have a list of at least 12 different attractions that we can do for under $150.00 total for a family of 4. :woohoo:

We went there in 2004. We got discounts all over town. Everybody offers them. Great town for military families! The Ripley's Aquarium was the best deal of all and a great attraction to boot! If you are considering a vacation, go to the Smokeys!

We went there in 2004. We got discounts all over town. Everybody offers them. Great town for military families! The Ripley's Aquarium was the best deal of all and a great attraction to boot! If you are considering a vacation, go to the Smokeys!

:thumbsup2
We are just back from 3 nights in Gatlinburg and all the Ripley's attractions plus Guiness book of Worl Records are significantly reduced for military. We did Ripley's Aquarium, Ripley's Believe It or Not, Ripley's Davy Crockett golf, Ripley's Mirror Maze, Guiness Book for all under $50.00 for a family of 4 (DD was free at most as most of these are free for ages 5 and under. The aquarium tickets alone would have cost more than $50 at regular price. Other area attractions give a discount of $2.00 or so off the regular price or charge a child's admission price for each person. There is also a Ripley's Haunted Adventure and a Ripley's Movie Ride that we didn't do but those are also only like $1.99 each.

Here are some other places we've found that give discounts to military

Texas Road House - 10% off
Hard Rock Cafe - 10% off
Olive Garden - can't remember the amount

DH has also had his portion of the meal comped when in uniform at Cracker Barrel (not all, I guess it depends on the manager).
Also a little place in Chattanooga called Soups On gives your meal complimentary to military in uniform.

If you have any please share!

Hershey Gardens in Hershey, PA = free for service members, dependents are regular price ($10.00 for adults and $6.00 for children 3-12)

Farmer's Musuem in Cooperstown, NY = free for service members, dependents pay regular price.

Baltimore Maritime Museum, Inner Harbor, Baltimore, MD = touring the ships free for service members. Regular price for dependents.

Knobles Amusement Park in Elysburg, PA = free all day wrist band for service members, regular price for dependents.

Some Lowes and Home Depot Stores offer 10% discount on all purchases...call ahead.

Some Applebee's = free lunch for service members on Veteran's Day.

And of course...
Busch Gardens/Sea World/Sesame Place (PA) = Free for service members AND dependents once per calender year.

Have fun and keep posting!!

Some of the restaurant discounts can vary locally. I can assure you our Chick-fil-A does not give a 50% discount. (That would be nice...)

Our AC Moore gives a 10% discount. Lowe and Home Depot usually do on Memorial Day, July 4th and Veteran's Day. Lowe's is 10% up to $2000.

Most hotels have a military discount. It always pays to ask.

The Georgia Aquarium offers a 20% discount on admission and the gift shop.

I know this thread is old, but if you can still give me a list of discounted attractions for military, I would really appreciate it! We are heading down in mid June and I'm a bit concerned with my budgeting!

Lowes offers the 10% military discount (with ID) everyday of the year all you have to do is ask for it. The only advertise it on Memorial Day and Veterans day. but it is still avail.

Everywhere I go, I ask for a military discount. I have learned that most of the cell phone companies have a discount of some sort. I have AT&T and I think that we get 15% or so off of out monthly service.

When ever we go to Tanger Outlets I ask for discount. I got 10% off at Van Heusen and Old Navy recently.

I will think of some more and post them as I think of it.

We called Ripley's aquarium yesterday to see what exactly the discount was. The aquarium wass $3.99, but you can buy a combined pass for all the Ripley's attractions for $10 per person!! All adults must show military ID. This has greatly reduced the expenses for our upcoming vacation, whew!

Anyone know of any other attractions in Gatlinburg with a military discount? Ober Gatlinburg tram, go karts, Reagan Terrace fun park?

Anyone who is military can get a FREE day pass for them and family at SeaWorld.
LOVE IT :)

my dd and sil just put their furniture and household items in storage while he's gone. they found out they get a 15% discount on their monthly storage bill...it never hurts to ask!:goodvibes :goodvibes Our daughter is staying with us until her hubby returns.

The Manager of our Dick's Sporting Goods gives a 10% discount to military members and their dependents who also are Reward Point members. :thumbsup2

Maybe your store does the same!

Lowes offers the 10% military discount (with ID) everyday of the year all you have to do is ask for it. The only advertise it on Memorial Day and Veterans day. but it is still avail.

I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%. Some NY & Co Stores have military discounts.

Always ask!

Kristen

Chicago is a great place for military discounts. We went last summer so I'll try to remember what they all were. I think the only thing my DH paid full price for was the one time we rode the city bus. He was free for the Aquarium and Hancock Building. The WHOLE family was free to the Children's Museum. He was either free or discounted on the water taxi. We didn't know until it was too late that there is a USO on Navy Pier where you can get discounted tickets for the Navy Pier rides.

The CiCi's Pizza in Wilmington, NC used to give us a discount - not sure if all do.

Papa Murphy's in Junction City, Kansas also used to give a discount but the one in Bozeman, Montana wouldn't so it must be up to the store.

The Kansas specific store at The Legends in Kansas City, Kansas gave a discount.

I ask most places when we travel. Worst they can say is no.

I can vouch for this also.

Our local Apple store gives a discount too. I can't remember if it is 10 or 15%.

Yes, The Apple Store gives military (Ret. & AD) discounts, but they have always been about 5% for us in Northern VA. They offer the same discount online, but you have to go through www.military.com first, and then the discount is automatically applied once you click-on the "Apple Store" icon.

Old Country Buffets give 10% off to the entire party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!