• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Great Idea for a Cheap(er) Lunch or Dinner!

SRUAlmn

DIS Veteran
My DBF and I just got back from our local Rainforest Cafe in Baltimore and had the BBQ Chicken Pizza (I forget the catchy name for it.) It was REALLY REALLY good! It was $11.49 (it's $11.99 in WDW) and there were 8 slices. The slices were thin and smaller than normal pizza slices, but they were very filling due to the amount of cheese and BBQ chicken on them. Plenty for us since we had eaten nothing all day and it was 5:00. If your family just wanted a quick lunch and you had 1 or 2 children that would only eat one slice you could feed a whole family a small lunch for $12 plus drinks. We actually got a side of french fries too so we actually ate dinner for about $16 (we drank water.) They also have a promotion (and this may just be local) where on Wednesdays kids eat for 99 cents with a paid adult. I know I have seen complaints about the RFC prices, but we have always found that you just have to know how to order :)

princess:

Thanks for the info...I'll have to keep it in mind for our next trip. We always have to eat at the RFC (DD loves the atmosphere & we don't have one where we live) but sometimes we're just not all that hungry...the pizza sounds like a great (& inexpensive) solution. :)

Last week, my friend split a pizza with her 2yo, and still had some left over. It was very good, too! We always take advantage of the free appetizer that comes with the Safari Club. We have to visit the RFC every trip! ;)

Safari Club is their membership club that you pay $15 to join. It never expires, and it allows you "next-in-line" seating, rather than the extensive waits that you can find there. Also, they send you an "anniversary" coupon and birthday coupon. During each visit, you can receive a free appetizer or 10%? off your entire order. We always get the chicken quesadillas and it is more than enough for a meal!

We love the Safari Club! Check out their website!

LadyLuc361...yes, you can make a reservation through them directly.

BTW...The portions are HUGE at RFC, we usually split a meal! And, we like to eat! :tongue:

Yes, you can make a PS for RFC.

The Safari Club is a membership that gives you some great deals at RFC and other Landry's restaurants. It's a $15 membership. You get a $10 new member certificate and then get a $5 certificate for your birthday. I think you might get something when your anniversary date rolls around. And then, you get a free appetizer OR 10% off your meal every time you go there or another Landry's restaurant.

We don't even have any Landry's near us (about an hour away) but we have made our money back about 10 times over now.

Oh yeah and the Safari Club card will let you bypass the line. You get the next available table for your party size.

http://www.rainforestcafe.com/SafariContactUs.asp

http://www.landrysseafood.com/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter