Great Moments in History Question

TheJRock300

Mouseketeer
I am sorry if I am late on this.. but I noticed the last day on the Disney website is 10/28. Is it closing?

Can't find anything about it closing online.

Maybe they only post the showtimes for the current week? Haven't looked into the showtimes until now so I'm not too sure.

MDE is notoriously horrible for finding schedules of things beyond the current day. To the point where I wouldn't even bother looking. The lack of one on there should indicate nothing at all.

MDE is notoriously horrible for finding schedules of things beyond the current day. To the point where I wouldn't even bother looking. The lack of one on there should indicate nothing at all.
unfortunately it's not listed on the WDW website past this week either which does not look good for this show. I hope it's just a mistake and they haven't cancelled it

unfortunately it's not listed on the WDW website past this week either which does not look good for this show. I hope it's just a mistake and they haven't cancelled it

When you say it's not listed do you just mean it doesn't have any posted showtimes? Only thing I see on the website is "no times available" when I select a date after 10/28. Do they typically list showtimes further in advance for this?

When you say it's not listed do you just mean it doesn't have any posted showtimes? Only thing I see on the website is "no times available" when I select a date after 10/28. Do they typically list showtimes further in advance for this?
yes, entertainment of this type has the schedule out at least 3 weeks at a time. If it was posted until, say Nov 10th and then nothing I wouldn't worry, but not having a schedule for next week is strange

yes, entertainment of this type has the schedule out at least 3 weeks at a time. If it was posted until, say Nov 10th and then nothing I wouldn't worry, but not having a schedule for next week is strange

Now I'm starting to get sad haha. We love the muppets and were so looking forward to seeing this show. Hopefully the show goes on!

Do you think there is any possible chance that if the show truly is stopping it could be a sign that the Hall of Presidents could be reopening soon? Maybe they expect big crowds returning to the Hall of Presidents (for obvious reasons) and don't want to jam up that area?

Last edited:

Could they be planning to put it on hiatus for Christmas, just so they keep crowds moving vs. having something that causes a crowd to accumulate in front of the building?
I can't recall when it started. Did it run last Holiday season?

Now I'm starting to get sad haha. We love the muppets and were so looking forward to seeing this show. Hopefully the show goes on!

Do you think there is any possible chance that if the show truly is stopping it could be a sign that the Hall of Presidents could be reopening soon? Maybe they expect big crowds returning to the Hall of Presidents (for obvious reasons) and don't want to jam up that area?
that was actually my first thought. But getting around the HoP area would be pretty simple if the divert walk through traffic behind the Christmas store. Not sure that taking away the Muppets show would help at all if they are expecting big crowds. In any case if the lines for HoP spill out they could at least watch something entertaining while they wait...
@FastPasser. anything on the HUB about Great Moments in History going away?

Could they be planning to put it on hiatus for Christmas, just so they keep crowds moving vs. having something that causes a crowd to accumulate in front of the building?
I can't recall when it started. Did it run last Holiday season?
It opened Oct 2nd of last year and I remember it running at least through the first weeks of Dec. I am blocked out of the 2 weeks of Christmas/NY so I'm not sure about that

Just found out there's no March of the First Order when we are there next month.
Now possibly this gone, too? No!!!
We will live, of course, but dang, it's disappointing.

Just found out there's no March of the First Order when we are there next month.
Now possibly this gone, too? No!!!
We will live, of course, but dang, it's disappointing.
like I said, entertainment schedule only comes out 3 weeks in advance so if you're not seeing times more than 3 weeks in advance that means very little

It opened Oct 2nd of last year and I remember it running at least through the first weeks of Dec. I am blocked out of the 2 weeks of Christmas/NY so I'm not sure about that
We were there over Thanksgiving and the show was going on. We will be there over Christmas this year, so I was looking forward to seeing it.

A HOP cast member told me this weekend that he has been told the show will be opening up before 2018. Take whatever you want from that...

I have my WDW day set around seeing both shows early Dec so I really hope this is just a scheduling thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter