Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.

A very nonchalant way to announce the delay at DHS.

And, by the way, it opens in WDW ***cough cough***spring 2020 ***cough*** but hey! You get it in Disneyland too yay!! :rotfl:

I wonder what it's going to replace at DL? Or if they will build an all new ride building for it there?

A very nonchalant way to announce the delay at DHS.

And, by the way, it opens in WDW ***cough cough***spring 2020 ***cough*** but hey! You get it in Disneyland too yay!! :rotfl:

I wonder what it's going to replace at DL? Or if they will build an all new ride building for it there?
New building basically next to Roger Rabbit, I believe. Only losing backstage stuff.

Obviously just anyone's best guess, but do you think it would be open by mid-April 2020? Specifically by Star Wars race weekend (something like April 16-19th).

Any chance we could see it open early February when we will be there? This is a big bummer. Do we know why the delay?

A couple of theories.
1. Diverted the workers to get SWGE open on time.
2. Intentionally delayed as they expect big attendance increases when SWGE opens and another when M&MRR opens. If they both open about the same time, they potentially lose one uptick in attendance.
They sound really proud of what M&MRR will be and don't want it overshadowed at its opening by opening at the same time as SWGE.

A couple of theories.
1. Diverted the workers to get SWGE open on time.
2. Intentionally delayed as they expect big attendance increases when SWGE opens and another when M&MRR opens. If they both open about the same time, they potentially lose one uptick in attendance.
They sound really proud of what M&MRR will be and don't want it overshadowed at its opening by opening at the same time as SWGE.
I don’t think number 2 is it. I don’t think huge crowds are booking vacations to see MMRR.

I would agree that I wouldn't expect big crowds for that, but look at the crowd for SDD.
And as information comes out from the imagineers about M&MRR, they seem really proud of the ride and technology and I don't think they want it overshadowed by SWGE by opening close to it.

I would agree that I wouldn't expect big crowds for that, but look at the crowd for SDD.
And as information comes out from the imagineers about M&MRR, they seem really proud of the ride and technology and I don't think they want it overshadowed by SWGE by opening close to it.
SDD was a new coaster that anchored a new land in a park that desperately needed something. That’s not the case now once SWGE opens.

Ergh, fingers crossed it will be open by May! I was kind of hoping Ratatouille would be open around May too, but I doubt they’ll open two rides around the same time. Wouldn’t be surprised if we don’t see ratatouille till the end of 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!