Great Movie Ride

JimmyMartin

GM Share a Dream 4/28/02
Just got back today. Two cast members told me the GMR will probably close after the end of the year for replacement. Anyone know?

This rumor has been floating around for about 2 years that I know of.

It's a cool attraction but it could use some updating.

Yes, it could use updating but it is one of our favorite rides in all of WDW. It would be ashame if it was gone fore good.

Jen

I agree with some updating - maybe changing some of the movies/ scenes. But it's still a great attraction that fits in perfevtly with the theme of the park - so many of the original Disney-MGM attractions are gone (or modified beyond recognition) that it would be a shame if this one went as well.

We really liked the ganster scenes and the Wizard of OZ. Maybe Disney should think about rehabing to update and improve the most memorable scenes and movies.

I am glad this is just a rumor. We enjoyed the ride and so did DD.

If Disney were a democracy, I would vote update, but please don't close it. GMR is a defining ride for the Studios and it'd be a terrible loss if it closed. It works best when you get a CM who really enjoys directing the ride and has the charisma to get everyone involved. I've ridden it many times and have never tired of it.

You ever notice how the Studios is becoming less and less about movies in general and more and more about Disney Tie-Ins?

What’s the chance of a ride that features films from MGM (‘Wizard of Oz’, musicals), Fox (‘Alien’) and Paramount (‘Indiana Jones’) making it through one more round of budget cuts when Mikey has to sign the royalty checks?

And do you know who much Pocahontas plush they have left to sell?

Monsieur AV:

Don't even kid about that. The Wizard of Oz area and the Temple area are the two best areas IMHO of the whole attraction!

SPOILER

When the track stops in front of the witch's area, take a good look around. There is a wealth of detail there that just feels like you have stepped into the movie itself. Same thing with the Alien sequence, and of course I like the temple area better than the wild west area just because of the spookiness of the set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter