Greenberg is out, so what now?

MrsCobraBubbles

Life's too short to wear pants all the time
I was looking to rent a camper for a girls' trip some friends and I are planning for next year, and I got kind of a nasty surprise on the front page of Greenberg's site. Can anyone recommend another company for Fort Wilderness camper rentals?

We were just camping in Winter Garden right next to "Giant Recreation World " they rent all sorts of campers. I can't vouch for them, we had our own, but the place looked clean and business like when I needed to pick up a couple of things.

Something doesn't smell right here.

The YT podcast channel has ONE video in the last 12 months? (which was a Thanksgiving 2019 vid?) That's so old it's starting to smell like the can of sardines I opened this morning for breakfast (with saltines, hot sauce, and a diet Coke of course). :rolleyes: Not kidding.

A LOT of things have changed at the Fort since they closed in 2020 and subsequently reopened.

Folks who want to rent a camper and plus pay for a campsite can use the DIS SEARCH function and see reviews and recommendation. There are several vendors that offer those trailer/rv services. Disney has a few recommended vendors that work MORE CLOSELY with Disney to get you in/out sooner & smoother (which is why they have the relationship with Disney). Duh.

Spread out a wide search path. Educate yourself. There is a lot of better/more current info on the Net. There are some good basic "here are the FW loops" YT vids. And if a vendor is recommended in a video or by a multitude of reviews, "Caveat Emptor" (buyer beware). Do your own homework.

Bama Ed

PS - that's our Latin lesson for today. :teacher:

Last edited:
They have about a dozen videos. Im assuming they don't have any recent videos because they haven't been back because of Covid. I have a youtube channel as well, and I haven't posted a video in years. Also, this post was 8 months ago and their last video would have been around the same time. What doesn't smell right?

Of course a lot has changed since their last video. OP asked for recommendations and I shared a video of one the companies being interviewed. I have not heard any negative reviews of said company. I don't know if you are trying to be funny or rude with your "Duh" statement. Also, I believe the OP is trying to educate themselves by asking for recommendations.

We just sold our trailer right before my current deployment and will be renting from Camper Rental Adventures when I return. I have done my own research and looked up multiple reviews, pricing, setup, and other various info on multiple sites on the top rental places.

Last edited:
Because if someone "is" doing a podcast on Fort Wilderness I expect them to have posted a more recent vid than one filmed 11 months ago. Since then, there have been lots of changes and guests have been back at the Fort since, what, late June 2020? Given those significant changes in Fort operations and activities since reopening, that's the information of the kind that should be in a video podcast. But there is not a more recent one.

Glad you have done your research. I am encouraging everyone else to do the same and not simply rely on a single referral in a single thread. You know as well as I do that this topic comes up fairly frequently so interested posters should look up other recent threads as well and consider those recommendations.

Hope you have a great Fort visit when you get back.

Bama Ed

PS - the "Duh" statement referred to the official vendors that Disney recommends. One would expect some perceived extra benefit in order to justify being on Disney's recommended list.

My mom rented from Camper Wilderness Adventures (CWA for the rest of the post) for the DISMeet earlier this month. Overall I think they were good. I would say a 4 starish review worthy. They were one of the companies recommended by the Travel Agent used for the DISMeet. The other company she recommended was MyRVHotel.com. For golf carts she recommended Tee Time (Kenny).

The camper was a 2021 CrossRoads Zinger 331 bh (the one CWA named Zippity). They provided most of the items needed for a trip. The only problem with the trailer was the front door was hard to close.

Dawn and her crew were nice and helpful. They said they were at the fort almost everyday picking up/ dropping off/ taking care of something. My mom took this the be they would be dropping by to check on things. Then the black tank got full and I dumped for them, my mom was upset they had not come by to do this.

This was a bit of miscommunication. If you let them know you need something done (like dumping a black tank) they come by to take care of it, but they don't generally do a checkup on each camper and make sure everything is OK (like dumping a black tank).

Thank you for the review. I would never have thought to call them to dump the black tank, I would just do it myself. But others may not know how or have a hard time reaching under the trailer. But the door being hard to close would be a small issue.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!